Subject: Data

From: Phan Huy Cuong <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 08:56:06 +0700

Hello,
Any one have got data or document of processing change from IPv4 to
IPv6. I need it for my project.
Thanks for helping
Huy Cuong Phan

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Bob Fink <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 19:05:00 -0700

>IPv6. I need it for my project.

Take a look at:

<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ngtrans-introduction-to-ipv6-transition-04.txt>

Abstract This document is a guide to the introduction of IPv6 in the IPv4 
based Internet or Intranets. Several general issues to start IPv6 
networking in a predominantly IPv4 world are discussed, such as IPv6 
addresses, IPv6 DNS and routing issues. Short descriptions are given of the 
different transition tools and mechanisms that translate between IPv6 and 
IPv4 and/or tunnel IPv6 over IPv4. The remainder of this document describes 
how IPv6 can be introduced in various environments, such as ISPs, Internet 
Exchanges and end user environments. Suggestions are given on the use of 
the different translation and migration tools in each environment.

Bob