Subject: Re: complete the advanced API (rfc2292bis)

From: Tim Hartrick <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 14:19:14 -0700 (PDT)

Jinmei,

> 
> > I was pretty sure that I and others made some proposals during the last
> > discussion of this topic that were close to working for at least the receiving
> > and sending of ancillary data.  It has been a while but I am sure we started
> > down the path of a solution.  I guess I can try and dredge the discussion
> > out of the archives.
> 
> Okay, then I'll wait for the archive.
> 

Rather than repost a lot of messages from the archive I will simply give you
a pointer into the archive where you can find the discussion.

I believe that the core of the last discussion on this topic began with
a message by Francis Dupont on December 15, 2000.  The subject of that
message was "destination option update".  In the discussion that followed
there was the beginnings of a design to solve the problem, I hope.
If so we can just jump right into the middle of that six month old
discussion and finish off this issue.

Tim Hartrick
Mentat Inc.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: JINMEI Tatuya / 神明達哉<[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 01 Jul 2001 12:51:57 +0900

>>>>> On Fri, 29 Jun 2001 14:19:14 -0700 (PDT), 
>>>>> Tim Hartrick <[email-masked]> said:

> discussion and finish off this issue.

Thanks for the pointer.  I'll reread the past discussion from the list
archive, and will continue the discussion later.

					JINMEI, Tatuya
					Communication Platform Lab.
					Corporate R&D Center, Toshiba Corp.
					[email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------