Subject: ipng webpage troubles

From: Jun-ichiro itojun Hagino <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2001 03:02:14 +0900

http://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng/html/ipng-main.html
	now forbids accesses over IPv6.  please fix, or if it is not maintained,
	remove AAAA record (which is pity).

itojun
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Alain Durand <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 20:12:45 -0700

>         remove AAAA record (which is pity).

I wanted to wait few more days before announcing it, but now, I do not have 
the choice
anymore ;-)

We have created an IPv6 replica of http://playground.sun.com that is 
physically on a different
machine that runs an iPlanet IPv6 web server (iWS6.0).
This server is still experimental and may change in the future.

Thank you to Itojun for reporting a problem on the machine, it is now fixed.

         - Alain.

---

From: Jun-ichiro itojun Hagino <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 07:11:33 +0900

>I wanted to wait few more days before announcing it, but now, I do not have 

	actually this has been widely known quite a while, since the previous
	trouble (out of sync content).

>Thank you to Itojun for reporting a problem on the machine, it is now fixed.

	I have a very serious request.  for those of us who constantly use
	http over IPv6, it is very very annoying to see non-synchronized
	content (imagine how you feel when you look for some document, and you
	don't find it on IPv4 server and but on IPv6 server).  could you
	just mount the partition for web content by NFS and make them
	100% synchronized?  if it is not possible to synchronize them,
	I can live without IPv6 server (and I'll use translator to contact
	IPv4 server).

itojun

---

From: Atsushi Onoe <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 08:06:04 +0900 (JST)

This topic should go ngtrans, but ...

> 	content

And, we have no way to know if the contents is outdated, since we can't
guess our proxy connect to the server via IPv4 or via IPv6.

Atsushi Onoe

---

From: Alain Durand <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2001 16:24:10 -0700

>guess our proxy connect to the server via IPv4 or via IPv6.

Both machines are synchronized every 30 minutes.

         - Alain.