Subject: RE: Draft Minutes for IPng Interim Meeting

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 18:47:49 -0500

Hello,

I guess I was supposed to check some issues that were brought up in the
interim meeting. I noticed that in Bob's minutes (that are very good BTW)
was a question about the attributes in the Traffic Flow Template and if the
protocol number was missing. I checked this from 23.060 and the protocol
number is not missing. In the following is an extract from 23.060:

15.3.2	Packet Filter Attributes
Each valid packet filter contains a unique identifier within a given TFT, an
evaluation precedence index that is unique within all TFTs for one PDP
address, and at least one of the following attributes:
-	Source Address and Subnet Mask.
-	Protocol Number (IPv4) / Next Header (IPv6).
-	Destination Port Range.
-	Source Port Range.
-	IPSec Security Parameter Index (SPI).
-	Type of Service (TOS) (IPv4) / Traffic class (IPv6) and Mask.
-	Flow Label (IPv6).

You can check 23.060 for further information on the usage of TFT as well.

I'm sorry (and really embarrassed) that I did not remember this during the
meeting, but had to check it...

Cheers,

Jonne.

-----Original Message-----
From: ext Bob Hinden [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, June 07, 2001 5:40 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Draft Minutes for IPng Interim Meeting

The draft minutes and most of the presentation materials from last weeks 
interim IPng working group meeting can be found at:

   http://playground.sun.com/ipng/meetings.html

Please send corrections and updates to me.

Thanks,
Bob

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------