Subject: IPv6 Scoped Address Architecture & sin6 scope id encoding

From: Markku Savela <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 12:44:47 +0300

In the meeting there was a question of whether to prefer

  a) 4 bit scope + 28 index
  b) 32 index (get scope from somewhere else)

for sockaddr_in6 sin6 scope id. I've a slight preference for case (a).

This seems to be an API issue, but even if EPOC API is different from
the Unix socket API, it will be nice if the concepts have 1:1
mapping (porting applications becomes easier). 
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: JINMEI Tatuya / 神明達哉<[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2001 18:37:12 +0900

>>>>> On Wed, 6 Jun 2001 12:44:47 +0300, 
>>>>> Markku Savela <[email-masked]> said:

> mapping (porting applications becomes easier). 

So, let's discuss this in the API folks mailing list.  I'll summarize
my opinion and post it to the list in a few days.

					JINMEI, Tatuya
					Communication Platform Lab.
					Corporate R&D Center, Toshiba Corp.
					[email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: "JIM FLEMING" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 11:13:06 -0500

http://www.icannwatch.org
AUDA Seeks ICANN's Help to Force .au Redelegation
Posted by michael on Wednesday, June 06 @ 07:51:22 MDT (read: 5 times)

Kate Mackenzie reports in Australian IT that the auDA, the "industry
self-regulatory body" endorsed by the Australian federal government to take
over .au, has sought ICANN's help (under its "IANA" hat) to force the
redelegation of .au from Internet pioneer Robert Elz to whom it is currently
delegated.
-----------------------------------------

Are there any IPv6 Servers for .AU ?

http://www.ntia.doc.gov/ntiahome/domainname/130dftmail/unir.txt
6:224     AU   (AUSTRALIA)

Jim Fleming
http://www.DOT-NZ.com
http://www.unir.com/images/architech.gif
http://www.unir.com/images/address.gif
http://www.unir.com/images/headers.gif
http://www.ntia.doc.gov/ntiahome/domainname/130dftmail/unir.txt
http://msdn.microsoft.com/downloads/sdks/platform/tpipv6/start.asp