Subject: RE: W.G. Last Call on "Default Address Selection for IPv6"

From: "Hesham Soliman (ERA)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 00:40:09 +0200

Rich, 

Based on our private discussion in Seattle,  think it would 
be useful to add a sending rule for mapped addresses 
as follows:

- If the destination address is an IPv4-mapped IPv6 address, and
- If the host is an IPv6-only host
the source address MUST be an IPv6-translated address. 

Comments ?

Hesham
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Erik Nordmark <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 04:23:16 +0200 (CEST)

> the source address MUST be an IPv6-translated address. 

I think this makes sense as long as we preface it very clearly with
	Nodes that implement SIIT (does not apply to other nodes) ...

Without that preface adding these rules will do nothing but adding confusion.

  Erik