Subject: RE: Advertisements on Cisco/Windows Network

From: "Dollinger, MatthewX" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 08:32:12 -0700

I know that the Cisco router needs IOS version 12.2 to handle Ipv6 traffic
properly.  12.03 may not give you the results you want, or weird results in
general.
http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios122/122newft/122
t/122t2/ipv6/index.htm

"You know, sometimes it is the artist's task to find out how much music you
can still make with what you have left."  --- Itzhak Perlman (Nov. 18,
1995,)
Matthew Dollinger
NQL
CDI/Intel

 -----Original Message-----
From: 	Emanuel Moreira [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent:	Tuesday, June 12, 2001 4:03 AM
To:	[email-masked]; [email-masked];
[email-masked]
Subject:	Advertisements on Cisco/Windows Network

Hi!

I'm using a cisco 1600 router and a windows 2000 PC where I'm trying to
configure a 6to4 router so its something like: 
[IPv6 network]----[Cisco 1600 - 12.03T]----[PC 6to4 router - Tech
Preview]--[IPv4 network]
So when I configure the two routers I was expecting that the two routers
would apprehend the advertisements made by each other but that didn't
happen. Can anyone tell me Why?

Thanks 

Emanuel Moreira

_____________________________________________________________
O e-mail preferido dos portugueses http://www.portugalmail.pt
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Patrick Grossetete <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 19:04:27 +0200

Appropriate release to get IPv6 support is Cisco IOS 12.2(2)T now 
available on CCO
(www.cisco.com) software center. Note that 12.2(2)T was previously referred 
as 12.2(1)T.

Regards
Patrick