Subject: ND6 RFC-STALE state

From: "Basavaraj Unnibhavi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2001 20:35:55 +0530

I have got querry regarding State machine for the reachability state (RFC
2461)
If reachability state is STALE, no attempt is made to Clear the cache entry.
Why is that ?
If no packets are sent to Neighbor whose state is STALE then entry in cache
remains forever. This allows cache to grow indefinately  ????

Thanks in advance for any clarifications

Basavaraj

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Erik Nordmark <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2001 16:38:57 +0200 (CEST)

> remains forever. This allows cache to grow indefinately  ????

See section 5.3 in RFC 2461.

  Erik