Subject: questions for article about IPv6

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2001 09:58:50 -0400

Hi all. I'm working on a short article for the August issue of Information 
Security Magazine about IPv6 and security issues, and have some questions:

- What, if any, are the security implications of delaying adoption of IPv6?

- How will NAT affect network security going forward? That includes both 
active malicious attacks of all sorts as well as failures attributable to NAT 
itself. What about trends to writing NAT-friendly apps? (i.e., 
draft-ietf-nat-app-guide-06.txt)

- How (if at all) have perceived security issues in IPv6 security affected its 
acceptance? (e.g., use of IEEE link layer addresses in stateless 
autoconfiguration, binding updates in mobile IPv6, the RFC 2553 issues raised 
recently, etc.)

- Are there any other security issues that people need to be aware of when 
considering IPv6?

Comments on IPv6 and IPsec are also welcome.

Replies to the list are fine, as are direct replies to me--if anyone wants, I 
can summarize direct responses. Thanks!

regards,
-pl

-- 
+-------------------------------------------------------------+
| Pete Loshin             http://www.loshin.com               |
| [email-masked]         +1 781/646-6318                     |
+-------------------------------------------------------------+

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------