Subject: RE: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ipngwg-ipv6-anycast-analysis-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 09:35:56 +0300

Hi Itojun,

A quick comment on this draft - as somewhat of a ANYCAST novice,
I found this informative.  However, I was wondering if a section
on SCTP might be useful.  I would be willing to contribute
some text on this - but probably not until after the London 
meeting.

SCTP has some very interesting features that, on one hand
may complicate the use of ANYCAST, but also make the use
of ANYCAST very attractive.  I have been thinking quite much
about some uses for this.

Since SCTP allows each endpoint to use multiple IP addresses,
this might make it easier to send to an ANYCAST address,
while allowing a reply from a UNICAST address.

If you are willing, we could discuss this in London.

best regards,
John	
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 15:39:14 +0900

>while allowing a reply from a UNICAST address.

	yes, SCTP section would be nice to have.  or, should i generalize
	L4 sections?  not sure.  anyway, i agree we should say something
	about it.

>If you are willing, we could discuss this in London.

	of course, i'll be in all of the IPv6 meetings, and i'll be in
	term room all night:-) so it should be quite easy for us to meet up.

itojun