Subject: Request for Agenda Items for London IPng Sessions

From: Bob Hinden <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2001 10:51:06 -0700

The IPng working group has been scheduled for two sessions at the London 
IETF.  They are:

         Monday, August 6 at 0900-1130 AM
         Wednesday, August 8 at 1300-1500 PM.

Please send us requests for agenda items.

When we put together the agenda we plan to give priority to current working 
group activities and documents, new individual submissions, and last to 
status reports.

Thanks,

Bob Hinden / Steve Deering
IPng Chairs

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 09:13:48 +0300

Hi Bob,

> The IPng working group has been scheduled for two sessions at 
> the London IETF.  They are:
> 
> When we put together the agenda we plan to give priority to 
> current working group activities and documents, new individual 
> submissions, and last to status reports.

We would like time to present "Minimum IPv6 Functionality for a Cellular 
Host."

Enclosed is the abstract & link to the draft.

Abstract

As an increasing number of cellular hosts are being connected to the
Internet, IPv6 becomes necessary. Examples of such hosts are GPRS,
UMTS and CDMA2000 terminals. Standardization organizations are also
making IPv6 mandatory in their newest specifications, such as IP
multimedia terminals specified for UMTS. However, the concept of
IPv6 covers many aspects, numerous RFCs, a number of different
situations and is also still evolving. A rapid adoption of IPv6 is
desired for cellular hosts.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-manyfolks-ipv6-cellular-host-00.tx
t

best regards,
John