Subject: RE: IPv6 hierarchical routing: RFC 2374

From: "Karuppiah, Ettikan Kandasamy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2001 15:02:24 +0800

off course not. At least we 'should' say (make it a rule , if applicable)
that this should not be
supported at certain level of hierarchies, since there is no documents say's
it 
not permitted currently. (correct me if I'm wrong)

-ettikan

> 	are you suggesting to have 2^128 routing entries worldwide?
> 
> itojun
> 
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: "Tony Hain" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2001 09:53:16 -0700

Karuppiah, Ettikan Kandasamy wrote:

> ... At least we 'should' say (make it a rule , if applicable)
> that this should not be supported at certain level of
> hierarchies, since there is no documents say's it not
> permitted currently. (correct me if I'm wrong)

Routing policy is outside the scope of the IETF. We can point out the
technical consequences of specific actions, and document current practice,
but can't dictate rules to operators.

Tony