Subject: Unicast - Doubt

From: Thiyaga rajan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2001 04:17:17 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

     Rightnow I am studing about IPv6. I would like to
know the purpose of introducing unicast in IPv6. 

     What is the significance of unicast ?
Please send the detailed answer.

Thanks & Regards,
Rajan.

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Get personalized email addresses from Yahoo! Mail
http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Pekka Savola <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2001 14:39:56 +0300 (EEST)

> Please send the detailed answer.

... right.

You probably mean Anycast.

People are usually supposed to do their homework themselves.

Anyway, I'd start by checking out:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lutchann-ipv6-intro-00.txt

In short, anycast can be used to send to the nearest destination.

It's described in more length in other documents.

-- 
Pekka Savola                 "Tell me of difficulties surmounted,
Netcore Oy                   not those you stumble over and fall"
Systems. Networks. Security.  -- Robert Jordan: A Crown of Swords