Subject: Re: Latest IPv6 MIBs revision

From: Bill Fenner <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 09:39:47 -0700

>1. ipIfStatsTable:
>   Why {In,Out}Octets and {In,Out}McastOctets are declared as
>   Counter32 instead of as Counter64 ?

For parallelism with the IF-MIB counters.  There are Counter64
versions as well.

>2. ipIfStatsTable:
>   Why there are no accurate descriptions of the new counters,
>   besides {In,Out}Octets ?

I did this revision just at the I-D submission deadline and didn't
have time to finish the DESCRIPTIONs of the new objects.  Not a
particularly good reason, I know.

  Bill
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------