Subject: Re: complete the advanced API (rfc2292bis)

From: Tim Hartrick <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2001 08:38:33 -0700 (PDT)

Francis,

> 
>  In your previous mail you wrote:
> 
>    I believe that the core of the last discussion on this topic began with
>    a message by Francis Dupont on December 15, 2000.  The subject of that
>    message was "destination option update".
> 
> => in fact the discussion began some days before at the IETF meeting
> when Steve Deering said the problem I wanted to be solved was in
> the (advanced) API...
> 
>    In the discussion that followed
>    there was the beginnings of a design to solve the problem, I hope.
>    If so we can just jump right into the middle of that six month old
>    discussion and finish off this issue.
>    
> => I don't know if we can quickly reach a consensus. There is only one
> rough proposal... and the time is not very good (holidays, 4th July
> power down, etc). Do you believe we can do it before the cut-off?
> 

Since I don't have any idea when the cut-off is since I won't be in London
I don't know if we can make it or not.  If we don't try then will be right
back here again six months from now dredging up old discussions that should
have been concluded the last time.

tim
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Francis Dupont <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2001 18:59:02 +0200

=> 13 and 20th July.

   I don't know if we can make it or not.

=> this is tactics: if now we should split the document in order to have
the easy part ready ASAP.

   If we don't try then will be right back here again six months from
   now dredging up old discussions that should have been concluded the
   last time.
   
=> I agree we are not in a hurry for the header stuff.

Regards

[email-masked]