Subject: Re:

From: Prema M P <[email-masked]>
Date: 20 Jul 2001 17:23:50 IST

Hope I get answer for this..

Is it possible to disable IPV6 PMTU discovery for a node 
or is it for particular path? & Is it implemenation dependent? 

Thanks
PREMA

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 09:10:07 +0900

>or is it for particular path? & Is it implemenation dependent? 

	highly implementation dependent.

	for example, as long as you genreate packets < 1280 octets (IPv6
	minimum path MTU) you won't need to run path MTU discovery on your
	node.  therefore, some implementation can avoid path MTU discovery
	altogether.
	see RFC2460 p24 (2nd paragraph from the bottom).

itojun