Subject: routing table exchange/update

From: "Karuppiah, Ettikan Kandasamy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 07:48:26 +0800

hello,

	Which rfc refers on route table exchange/update frequency
guidelines? Does the frequency is the standard for all routing protocols?

Thank you for the information/pointer.
-ettikan
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: "Bhuvaneshwar hn" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 22:44:40 -0600

It depends on which protocol you are talking about. No, the frequency of updates is different for different protocols.
Like RIP update frequency is 30sec but it is implementation dependent also like Cisco routers send RIP updates which varies from 25.5 to 30sec. And in  OSPF the Hello intevals varies from 10 to 60sec and which is implemenation dependent and can be nade configurable.
 
Ref RFC's for RIP and OSPF
 
Reg
Bhuvaneshwar

>>> "Karuppiah, Ettikan Kandasamy" <[email-masked]> 10/19/01 05:18AM >>>
hello,