Subject: Automatic Prefix Delegation ICMPv6 types and multicast address?

From: Hiroki Ishibashi <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 10:18:50 +0900

Does anyone know ICMPv6 type numbers and ALL-DELEGATORS link-local 
multicast address to be used (or proposed) for Automatic Prefix Delegation
(draft-haberman-ipngwg-auto-prefix-01.txt)?

Thanks in advance.

Hiroki Ishibashi
[email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: "Brian Haberman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 10:50:20 -0500

Hiroki,
     Right now, we do not have types and codes assigned.  That is due
to the fact that RFC 2780 (see section 7) notes that assignments of
ICMPv6 code/type values are controlled by IESG Approval or Standards
Action.  Since this doc has not been accepted by IPNGWG as a working
group doc, the IESG is going to be hesitant to assign values.

     Jim and I are talking about trying to get some test space within
ICMPv6 code/type fields defined for use until the document progresses
(see draft-narten-iana-experimental-allocations-00.txt).  However,
work on this document has come to a stop, at least momentarily, due
to work-related issues.

Regards,
Brian