Subject: Addressing Space & Implementation in real world

From: Vladimir Woelfl <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 00:48:55 +0100 (CET)

At first I would like to apologizee if i'm off topic, or my question is
not in accordance with the mailing list...

I have been acquainted with ipng/ipv6 through BSD UNIX systems, namely
FreeBSD, OpenBSD and some part Linux...
If there is information on the Web concerning my question, please just
direct me, so i would not waste your time.
The question is:

How is planned organization of IPNG addressing space, what will happen
with my current IPv4 address network, and how could i start fully using
IPv6 features of my server machine. As it is, probably, here in Croatia, I
suspect if there are any networking-responsible people aware of IPv6, so,
may I build an IPv6-in-IPv4 tunnel from my box to IPv6 Bone?

Thank you, and please accept my apologies for eventual incorrect using of
keywords.

Vladimir Woelfl

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Pekka Savola <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 09:22:01 +0200 (EET)

> Thank you, and please accept my apologies for eventual incorrect using of

[email-masked] is a better place for queries like this.

You may find the website http://www.6bone.net enlightening.  At least, you
can trivially use the mechanism "6to4" mentioned there to get IPv6
connectivity.

-- 
Pekka Savola                 "Tell me of difficulties surmounted,
Netcore Oy                   not those you stumble over and fall"
Systems. Networks. Security.  -- Robert Jordan: A Crown of Swords