Subject: Transition OSPF for IPV6

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 02:34:59 -0300

Hi all

   Is there any RFC concerning to transition to OSPF for 
IPV6, or documents that reports some experience on doing 
that ?

Thanks

Reginaldo

__________________________________________________________________________
AcessoBOL, só R$ 9,90! O menor preço do mercado!
Assine já! http://www.bol.com.br/acessobol

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Pekka Savola <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 09:24:19 +0300 (EEST)

On Mon, 16 Sep 2002 [email-masked] wrote:
> IPV6, 

No, unless you're interested at the OSPFv3 base spec itself, RFC2740.

> or documents that reports some experience on doing 
> that ?

Not that I'm aware of.

But it really does not matter, as for all practical purposes, OSPFv2 and 
OSPFv3 are two different protocols -- so it really isn't an issue of 
transitioning but beginning to use another IGP for IPv6.

-- 
Pekka Savola                 "Tell me of difficulties surmounted,
Netcore Oy                   not those you stumble over and fall"
Systems. Networks. Security.  -- Robert Jordan: A Crown of Swords