Subject: RE: IPV6 Interview Question and critics

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2002 07:49:59 +0000

On Sun, 1 Sept 2002, M.Mognesvari wrote :-

Refering to section 2.4 , I agree with your proposal of using the psedu-random
sequence of interface identifiers via an MD5 hash. RFC1948 suggest the use
of source IP address,...............

    to generate the function for each unique connection using MD5 hash will
pose a greater overhead for the sender( server ). As proposed in the RFC
it is better to used the temporary addresses ( after expired ; could be
traced with timeout variable )  rather than creating a new one for each
and every connection.The focus  is to minimise the overhead generated through
interface identifiers creation.

Neilson 

________________________________________
Dreaming of a Swiss Account? Get it here: http://freemail.swissinfo.org

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------