Subject: draft-ietf-ipngwg-addr-arch-v3-10.txt

From: Jun-ichiro itojun Hagino <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 07:26:14 +0900

based on v6ops interim meeting discussion, it seems that there are fair
	amount of consensus that IPv4 mapped address on wire is harmful (causes
	security drawbacks).
	draft-itojun-v6ops-v4mapped-harmful-00.txt

	so, i would like to ask you to update draft-ietf-ipngwg-addr-arch-v3-10
	section 2.5.5, to:
	- constrain use of IPv4 mapped address to IEEE Std 1003.1 (RFC2553) API,
	  and that API only.  IPv4 mapped address must not appear on wire,
	  in any of IPv6 header fields, extension header fields, or payloads
	also, please consider the following too:
	- remove IPv4 compatible IPv6 addrses, as it is no longer used in
	  draft-ietf-ngtrans-mech-v2-00.txt

itojun (as the author of the draft, not as co-chair of v6ops)
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------