Subject: draft on v6 firewalling (fwd)

From: Pekka Savola <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 10:50:00 +0300 (EEST)

This could be of interest.

Comments directly to me or possibly on the v6ops mailing-list, I think.

There may be some issues wrt. RFC2460 that may warrant discussion here 
too, though.

-- 
Pekka Savola                 "Tell me of difficulties surmounted,
Netcore Oy                   not those you stumble over and fall"
Systems. Networks. Security.  -- Robert Jordan: A Crown of Swords

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 10:47:41 +0300 (EEST)
From: Pekka Savola <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: draft on v6 firewalling

Hello,

I've submitted an I-D on IPv6 firewalling issues, and it should be 
available in the repository shortly.

In the meantime, it's available at:

http://www.netcore.fi/pekkas/ietf/draft-savola-v6ops-firewalling-00.txt

Below is the abstract:

   There are quite a few potential problems regarding firewalling or
   packet filtering in IPv6 environment.  These include slight ambiguity
   in the IPv6 specification, problems parsing packets beyond unknown
   Extension Headers and Destination Options, and introduction of end-
   to-end encrypted traffic and peer-to-peer applications.  There may
   also be need to extend packet matching to include some Extension
   Header or Destination Option fields.  This draft discusses these
   issues to raise awareness and proposes some tentative solutions or
   workarounds.

It's 8 pages.

Thanks.

-- 
Pekka Savola                 "Tell me of difficulties surmounted,
Netcore Oy                   not those you stumble over and fall"
Systems. Networks. Security.  -- Robert Jordan: A Crown of Swords

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------