Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ipv6-unique-local-addr-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 16:26:35 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP Version 6 Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Unique Local IPv6 Unicast Addresses
	Author(s)	: R. Hinden, B. Haberman
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ipv6-unique-local-addr-02.txt
	Pages		: 16
	Date		: 2004-1-21
	
This document defines an unicast address format that is globally
unique and is intended for local communications, usually inside of a
site.  They are not expected to be routable on the global Internet
given current routing technology.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipv6-unique-local-addr-02.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ipv6-unique-local-addr-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipv6-unique-local-addr-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Bob Hinden <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 12:12:59 -0800

A diff with the previous draft can be found at:

   http://people.nokia.net/~hinden/draft-ietf-ipv6-unique-local-addr-02.html

The changes include:

     o Removed mention of 10 euro charge and changed text in section
       3.2.1 and IANA considerations to restate the requirement for low
       cost allocations and added specific requirement to prevent
       hoarding.
     o Added need to send ICMPv6 destination unreachable messages if
       packets are filtered or dropped at site boundaries.
     o Changed format section to list prefix sizes and definition, and
       changed discussion of prefix sizes to new background section.
     o Added Table of Contents.
     o Various editorial changes.

Bob

At 01:26 PM 1/21/2004, [email-masked] wrote:
>Content-Type: text/plain
>Content-ID:     <[email-masked]>
>
>ENCODING mime
>FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipv6-unique-local-addr-02.txt
>
><ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipv6-unique-local-addr-02.txt>

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
[email-masked]
Administrative Requests: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
--------------------------------------------------------------------