Subject: Re: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ipv6-rfc2462bis-04.txt

From: Suresh Krishnan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 20:25:54 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Tatuya,
  Looks like this one is truncated too :-(. Can you try submitting the 
text file as an attachment instead of a pointer to a URL when you submit. 
Are there any changes from -03 ?

Cheers
Suresh

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 [email-masked] wrote:

>A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
>This draft is a work item of the IP Version 6 Working Group Working Group of the IETF.
>
>	Title		: IPv6 Stateless Address Autoconfiguration
>	Author(s)	: S. Thomson, et al.
>	Filename	: draft-ietf-ipv6-rfc2462bis-04.txt
>	Pages		: 31
>	Date		: 2004-8-10
>	
>This document specifies the steps a host takes in deciding how to
>   autoconfigure its interfaces in IP version 6. The autoconfiguration
>   process includes creating a link-local address and verifying its
>   uniqueness on a link, determining what information can be
>   autoconfigured (addresses, other information, or both), and in the
>   case of addresses, whether they can be obtained through the stateless
>   mechanism, the stateful mechanism, or both. This document defines the
>   process for generating a link-local address, the process for
>   generating global addresses via stateless address autoconfiguration,
>   and the Duplicate Address Detection procedure. The details of
>   autoconfiguration using the stateful protocol is specified in RFC
>   3315 and RFC 3736.
>
>A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
>http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipv6-rfc2462bis-04.txt
>
>To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
>[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
>You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
>to change your subscription settings.
>
>
>Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
>"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
>type "cd internet-drafts" and then
>	"get draft-ietf-ipv6-rfc2462bis-04.txt".
>
>A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
>http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
>or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt
>
>
>Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.
>
>Send a message to:
>	[email-masked].
>In the body type:
>	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipv6-rfc2462bis-04.txt".
>	
>NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
>	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
>	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
>	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
>	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
>	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
>	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
>	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
>	how to manipulate these messages.
>		
>		
>Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
>implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
>Internet-Draft.
>
>

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
[email-masked]
Administrative Requests: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: JINMEI Tatuya / 神明達哉<[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 11:07:32 +0900

>>>>> On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 20:25:54 -0400 (EDT), 
>>>>> Suresh Krishnan <[email-masked]> said:

> Are there any changes from -03 ?

Hmm...this time I explicitly noted that the draft contains 31 pages
and ask the I-D secretariat to make sure to issue the complete
draft (see below)...still, the truncation happens.  I don't have any
idea why on earth this could happen.

Perhaps submitting the draft as a link to my web server somehow
doesn't work.  I'll soon resubmit the draft (probably with
incrementing the version number) in a different way.

At the moment, you can refer to the complete draft at the URL shown in
the attachment.  But most of you won't care about the content, since
the difference from 03 is very minor.

					JINMEI, Tatuya
					Communication Platform Lab.
					Corporate R&D Center, Toshiba Corp.
					[email-masked]

Subject: I-D submit
From: JINMEI Tatuya / 神明達哉<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 17:22:23 +0900

Dear I-D administrators,

Please find a new (revision of) internet-draft
"draft-ietf-ipv6-rfc2462bis-04.txt" at the following URL:

http://www.jinmei.org/draft-ietf-ipv6-rfc2462bis-04.txt

and issue it as a new I-D.

Thanks,

					JINMEI, Tatuya
					Communication Platform Lab.
					Corporate R&D Center, Toshiba Corp.
					[email-masked]

p.s. this draft contains 31 pages.  Please make sure the full 31 pages
are available at the IETF archive.  The previous version of this
document, which was submitted in the same way, was somehow truncated
at the official archive.  I didn't understand why that happened, but I
don't want to see that again.  Thanks!
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
[email-masked]
Administrative Requests: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
--------------------------------------------------------------------