Subject: Re: Seeking Anycast ROUTING materials

From: Nobuo OGASHIWA <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 2004 11:00:11 +0900

Dear Fred,

 > > I have read RFC2373
 > > where the authors give definition for Anycast Address. But I still
 > > cannot find the detail ROUTING materials. Can some one give me some
 > > hints to find some material relating to Anycast?
 > >
 > > An anycast address is simply an address, and is routed the same way
 > > any other address is routed.
 >

 > like www. There has been a proposal in the past, which never got
 > traction I guess, to use Mobile IP with optimized routing. One treats
 > the anycast address as the home address, the client of the service as
 > the correspondent node, and the address of the individual server as
 > the care-of-address of the mobile node.

We think anycast address is also useful for the address of home agents
in the multihoming architecture using Mobile IP and NEMO, which we
have proposed in the following document.

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-nagami-mip6-nemo-multihome- 
fixed-network-01.txt

Regards,

Nobuo Ogashiwa

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
[email-masked]
Administrative Requests: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
--------------------------------------------------------------------