Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ipv6-rfc2462bis-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 15:30:59 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP Version 6 Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: IPv6 Stateless Address Autoconfiguration
	Author(s)	: S. Thomson, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ipv6-rfc2462bis-05.txt
	Pages		: 31
	Date		: 2004-8-12
	
This document specifies the steps a host takes in deciding how to
   autoconfigure its interfaces in IP version 6. The autoconfiguration
   process includes creating a link-local address and verifying its
   uniqueness on a link, determining what information can be
   autoconfigured (addresses, other information, or both), and in the
   case of addresses, whether they can be obtained through the stateless
   mechanism, the stateful mechanism, or both. This document defines the
   process for generating a link-local address, the process for
   generating global addresses via stateless address autoconfiguration,
   and the Duplicate Address Detection procedure. The details of
   autoconfiguration using the stateful protocol is specified in RFC
   3315 and RFC 3736.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipv6-rfc2462bis-05.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ipv6-rfc2462bis-05.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipv6-rfc2462bis-05.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
[email-masked]
Administrative Requests: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: JINMEI Tatuya / 神明達哉<[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 11:52:56 +0900

Dear ipv6 wg co-chairs,

As I proposed in the San Diego meeting, I believe this version is
ready for IESG evaluation.

					JINMEI, Tatuya
					Communication Platform Lab.
					Corporate R&D Center, Toshiba Corp.
					[email-masked]

Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ipv6-rfc2462bis-05.txt
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 15:30:59 -0400
List-Id: i-d-announce.ietf.org

	

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
[email-masked]
Administrative Requests: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
--------------------------------------------------------------------