Subject: Consensus call on ICMP rate-limiting of in-transit traffic

From: Brian Haberman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 13:44:34 -0400

<WG Chair Hat ON>

There has been recent discussions on the mailing list on whether the 
ICMP update
spec should cover the rate limiting of in-transit ICMP traffic.

Much like the token bucket parameter discussion, this would be a 
significant change
to the spec and may introduce issues with recycling the spec at DS.  
Therefore, the
spec should not discuss the rate-limiting of in-transit ICMP traffic 
and should only be
focused on rate limiting ICMP messages originated by the implementation.

Regards,
Bob & Brian
IPv6 WG Chairs

<WG Chair Hat OFF>

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
[email-masked]
Administrative Requests: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
--------------------------------------------------------------------