Subject: Protocol Action: 'Optimistic Duplicate Address Detection for IPv6' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2006 11:01:16 -0500

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Optimistic Duplicate Address Detection for IPv6 '
   <draft-ietf-ipv6-optimistic-dad-07.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the IP Version 6 Working Group Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Margaret Wasserman and Mark Townsley.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipv6-optimistic-dad-07.txt

- Technical Summary

Optimistic Duplicate Address Detection is an interoperable
modification of the existing IPv6 Neighbor Discovery (RFC2461) and
Stateless Address Autoconfiguration (RFC2462) process.  The intention
is to minimize address configuration delays in the successful case,
to reduce disruption as far as possible in the failure case and to
remain interoperable with unmodified hosts and routers.

- Working Group Summary

The IPv6 working group has done extensive review of this document and
this document reflects the consensus of the group.

- Protocol Quality

This document has been reviewed by members of the [email-masked]
mailing list and by the working group chairs.

This document was reviewed for the IESG by Margaret Wasserman.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
[email-masked]
Administrative Requests: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
--------------------------------------------------------------------