Subject: You've also seen how to write the component class, as well as the code for the renderer and tag handler files.

From: driftwood <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 18:18:02 +0200

Once modified, you can package these components into a complib file. You
can see the reference in the Projects window beneath the Libraries node
for the project.

For example, like all beans, they need to have concrete typed properties
with accessor methods. MF, and the XML catalog file, complib-config.

Writing Custom Components for Java Studio Creator Part 1: Developing a
Component Library provides a guide to writing your own custom
components.

) A component that is a JavaServer Faces component is a subclass of
UIComponent. getText(); Components should have a style property. To open
the video viewer, click the right-most button of the four buttons in the
lower left corner of the iTunes window.

MF, that points to a second file, a configuration XML file, which in
turn catalogs the contents of the component library. Older complibs may
have only a MANIFEST. How to Write a JavaServer Faces Component provides
some basic rules for writing components.

You've also seen how to write the component class, as well as the code
for the renderer and tag handler files.

When possible, avoid Object typed properties since use of this type can
require casting in Java code.

DesignInfo classes provide dynamic behavior rather than static
information about a component.

) A component that is a JavaServer Faces component is a subclass of
UIComponent. Much of the UIComponent code is boilerplate and can be
generated automatically.

Introduction to JavaServer Faces Components describes the differences
between customizing an existing JavaServer Faces standard component and
building a new, custom component. You can associate dynamic behavior
with a component by using a DesignInfo class.

You might also be interested in the Java Studio Creator Design-Time API
specification.

The chapter Creating Custom UI Components in the J2EE 1. Using the New
Buy Now Sample Component in the Sun Java Studio Creator 2 IDE body.
Before taking a closer look at the parts of a component library, a few
words on the components themselves.

The DHTML popup calendar can handle different locales and can be
embedded within certain components, such as within a Table
component.

For example, like all beans, they need to have concrete typed properties
with accessor methods.