Subject: Re: Checks for amplification attack

From: "Ebalard, Arnaud" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2007 19:14:42 +0200

Hi again,

Le 4 juin 07 à 18:34, Vishwas Manral a écrit :

> You nearly got it right. Only small thing however is such packets will
> be rate limited to the CPU (software), so we will drop all packets not
> conforming to the rate limiting.

The packets you want to rate limit are the one addressed to the  
router that include a RH0, not the one that are flowing through (dst  
address of IPv6 packet is not one of the router), right ?

a+

-- Arnaud Ebalard
EADS Innovation Works - IT Sec Research Engineer
PGP KeyID:047A5026 FingerPrint:47EB85FEB99AAB85FD0946F30255957C047A5026

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
[email-masked]
Administrative Requests: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
--------------------------------------------------------------------