Subject: draft-wbeebee-nd-implementation-pitfalls-00 with urgent changes suggested to 2462bis-08

From: "Hemant Singh \(shemant\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 12:48:45 -0400

Apologies for the 2nd email on this one. The first email included the
I-D ascii file was in the wrong format. The new correctly formatted I-D
is attached here.
 
Regards.
 
Hemant
 
------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------
 
Folks,
 
Here is the Abstract of our I-D that helps explain why we wrote this
I-D.  
 
   RFC 2461 [ND] describes host data forwarding and address resolution.
   However, nine years after the ND protocol became an RFC, IPv6 hosts
   still do not fully comply with RFC 2461 [ND].  In particular, hosts
   incorrectly implement on- vs. off-link data forwarding.  This
   document clarifies host behavior and associated router behavior to
   define explicitly address resolution and data forwarding models.  The
   set of new requirements beyond what has been specified in RFC 2461
   [ND] and RFC 2462 [ADDRCONF] is restricted to corrections and
   clarifications deemed necessary to facilitate correct implementation.

Please see section 5 of our I-D for a proposed change to 2462bis-08 - we
hear this I-D is 
in Editor's queue and any changes to it must be given ASAP.
 
We have tested and developed host and routers stacks for IPv6 at Cisco. 
We'd like to be put this I-D on the agenda for the July 2007 IETF
meeting. 
 
Thanks.
 
Kind Regards.
 
Hemant
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
[email-masked]
Administrative Requests: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
--------------------------------------------------------------------