Subject: review of draft-ietf-ipv6-deprecate-rh0-01

From: Andrew Sullivan <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 13:02:19 -0400

Dear colleagues,

I have read draft-ietf-ipv6-deprecate-rh0-01.  I think it is a useful
document, and support its promotion.  

I appreciate the view, expressed by some in earlier threads, that
deprecating RH0 completely means that legitimate uses might be lost.
I am persuaded by the argument that complete deprecation, and
replacement with something else that doesn't have the same
liabilities, is much clearer for operators and implementors alike.

In the draft, I am especially pleased to see section 4.2, which
cautions against being too broad in blocking traffic on the basis of
any routing headers.  

I do not have any editorial remarks.

I think this is a good draft, and it should proceed.

Best regards,
Andrew 

-- 
Andrew Sullivan                         204-4141 Yonge Street
Afilias Canada                        Toronto, Ontario Canada
<[email-masked]>                              M2P 2A8
jabber: [email-masked]                 +1 416 646 3304 x4110

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
[email-masked]
Administrative Requests: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
--------------------------------------------------------------------