Subject: [Ipoverib] Concensus determination

From: "bill" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 15:59:54 -0700

There are two separate issues that are being discussed now.  I think it
is time to get some concensus building going - So with my working group
chair hat on I would like to declare

For the IPoIB Broadcast GID - 
Choices 
FF1x:401b::255.255.255.255
FF1x:001b::255.255.255.255
FF1x:0000::255.255.255.255
FF1x:0000::1
FF1x:191b::255.255.255.255

There were two people that had 401b as their prefered choice - none with
it as a "NO".  I would like to make the 
FF1x:401b::255.255.255.255 the concensus choice for the working group.
If there are any technical reasons why FF1x:4001b::255.255.255.255 WILL
NOT work - bring them to the list - otherwise I hope that this is now a
settled issue.

The other issue is what to do around links, and how to
create/modify/track IB Multicast groups (the Broadcast-GID) - the
choices appear to be:
A) Make it a requirement that the broadcast-GID won't be torn down
unless the link is torn down.
B) Always have to full-member join broadcast-GID - even if it is a v6
only node that will never look at this traffic.
C) Always derive the data from the broadcast-GID and track it either by
full-member joining or reports.

I am leaning toward C - all though I am not convinced fully of this...
So without any good technical discussion on this issue (including adding
D-?) I will decalre concensus on C this week.

_______________________________________________
IPoverIB mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipoverib