Subject: [Ipoverib] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ipoib-dhcp-over-infiniband-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 10:32:32 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP over InfiniBand Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: DHCP over InfiniBand
	Author(s)	: V. Kashyap
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ipoib-dhcp-over-infiniband-09.txt
	Pages		: 5
	Date		: 2005-2-14
	
An InfiniBand network uses a link-layer addressing scheme that is
    20-octets long. This is larger than the 16-octets reserved for the
    hardware address in DHCP/BOOTP message. The above inequality imposes
    restrictions on the use of the DHCP message fields when used over an
    IP over InfiniBand(IPoIB) network.  This document describes the use
    of DHCP message fields when implementing DHCP over IPoIB.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipoib-dhcp-over-infiniband-09.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ipoib-dhcp-over-infiniband-09.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipoib-dhcp-over-infiniband-09.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
IPoverIB mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipoverib