Subject: [IPORPR] IPoRPR draft updates

From: "Glenn Parsons" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 10:37:29 -0400

Folks,

Based on discussion with some Transport Area experts at IETF 66, I am
proposing some minor updates to the IPoRPR draft.

1. The behaviiour or DSCP 010010 was inconsistent with the others and
should be aligned.  The update to the first part of Table 2 is as
follows: 

       |----------|-------------------|-------------|-------------|
       |   DSCP   |        RPR        |     RPR     |  Traffic    |
       |          |   service_class   |   mark_fe   | Allocation  |
       |==========|===================|=============|=============|
       |  000000  |      classC       |   ignore    |     EIR     |
       |  001000  |                   |             |             |
       |----------|-------------------|-------------|-------------|
       |  001010  |                   |    FALSE    | classB-CIR  |
       |          |                   |-------------|-------------|
       |  001100  |                   |    TRUE     | classB-EIR  |
       |  001110  |                   |             |             |
       |----------|                   |-------------|-------------|
       |  010000  |                   |    FALSE    | classB-CIR  |
       |----------|      classB       |-------------|-------------|
       |  010010  |                   |    FALSE    | classB-CIR  |
       |          |                   |-------------|-------------|
       |  010100  |                   |    TRUE     | classB-EIR  |
       |  010110  |                   |             |             |
       |----------|                   |-------------|-------------|
       |  011010  |                   |    FALSE    | classB-CIR  |
       |          |                   |-------------|-------------|
       |  011100  |                   |    TRUE     | classB-EIR  |
       |  011110  |                   |             |             |
       |----------|-------------------|-------------|-------------|

2. To align with this modified table, change the paragraph following
Table 2 (on the bottom of page 14) as follows:

	Services marked with a DF and CS1 DSCP only an EIR component. 
	Service marked with AF11, AF21, AF31 and CS2 DSCPs have an
aggregated CIR and services marked with AF12, AF13, AF22, AF23, AF32 and
AF33 have an aggregated EIR component.
	Traffic marked with CS6 DSCP class (routing control) also has
only a CIR component. Further, it is recommended that CS6 marked traffic
be assigned its own RPR service.  These guidleines are provided so that
congestion from other traffic sources does not cause routing instability
since it is separated from the routing control traffic.
	As CS7 is for future use, no mapping is provided. 

An updated draft will be issued shorlty, followed by a joint IPoRPR/MPLS
WG last call.

Cheers,
Glenn.

_______________________________________________
IPORPR mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/iporpr