Subject: PWG-ANNOUNCE> RFC 3995-3998 - final IETF IPP specs published

From: "McDonald, Ira" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 06:54:37 -0800

Hi folks,

The final four IETF IPP documents were posted yesterday:

3995 Internet Printing Protocol (IPP): Event Notifications and
     Subscriptions. R. Herriot, T. Hastings. March 2005. (Format:
     TXT=223294 bytes) (Updates RFC2911, RFC2910) (Status: PROPOSED
     STANDARD)

3996 Internet Printing Protocol (IPP): The 'ippget' Delivery Method
     for Event Notifications. R. Herriot, T. Hastings, H. Lewis. March
     2005. (Format: TXT=73638 bytes) (Updates RFC2911) (Status: PROPOSED
     STANDARD)

3997 Internet Printing Protocol (IPP): Requirements for IPP
     Notifications. T. Hastings, Ed., R. K. deBry, H. Lewis. March 2005.
     (Format: TXT=38185 bytes) (Status: INFORMATIONAL)

3998 Internet Printing Protocol (IPP): Job and Printer Administrative
     Operations. C. Kugler, H. Lewis, T. Hastings, Ed.. March 2005.
     (Format: TXT=109658 bytes) (Status: PROPOSED STANDARD)

You can fetch them by FTP at:

  ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/

Thanks to our IETF AD's and the document editors.

Please note the related work-in-progress on an email delivery
method for IPP event notifications in an IEEE/ISTO PWG draft:

  ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-isto-mailto10-20050222.pdf

Cheers,
- Ira

Ira McDonald (Musician / Software Architect)
Blue Roof Music / High North Inc
PO Box 221  Grand Marais, MI  49839
phone: +1-906-494-2434
email: [email-masked]