Subject: [IPP] Registration request (#2) for attributes from "Wi-Fi Peer-to-Peer Services Print (P2Ps-Print) Technical Specification v1.1" for PCLm

From: "Kennedy, Smith (Wireless & Standards Architect)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2018 19:46:14 +0000

Greetings,

HP Inc. requests the registration of the following 5 IPP attributes:

Job Template attributes:                                      Reference
-------------------------------                               ---------
pclm-source-resolution (resolution)                           [WiFiDirectPrint]

Printer Description attributes:                               Reference
-------------------------------                               ---------
pclm-raster-back-side (keyword)                               [WiFiDirectPrint]
pclm-source-resolution-supported (1setOf resolution)          [WiFiDirectPrint]
pclm-strip-height-preferred (1setOf integer)                  [WiFiDirectPrint]
pclm-strip-height-supported (integer)                         [WiFiDirectPrint]

Attributes (attribute syntax)
 Keyword Attribute Value                                      Reference
-------------------------------                               ---------
pclm-raster-back-side (keyword)                               [WiFiDirectPrint]
 normal                                                       [WiFiDirectPrint]
 rotated                                                      [WiFiDirectPrint]
 flipped                                                      [WiFiDirectPrint]

[WiFiDirectPrint] - Wi-Fi Alliance, "Wi-Fi Peer-to-Peer Services Print (P2Ps-Print) Technical Specification Version 1.1", https://www.wi-fi.org/file/wi-fi-peer-to-peer-services-technical-specification-package-v12

Here are the backing definitions:

    Job Template Attributes:
    ---------------------------------

    3.12.8 pclm-source-resolution (resolution)
    This attribute specifies the source resolution of the PCLm Document
    for the Job.

    Printer Description Attributes
    ---------------------------------

    3.12.4 pclm-raster-back-side (keyword)
    This attribute specifies the bitmap coordinate system for the back
    side of duplex sheets and the following keyword values are defined:

        +---------+------------------+-------------------+
        | KEYWORD | LONG EDGE ORIGIN | SHORT EDGE ORIGIN |
        +---------+------------------+-------------------+
        | normal  | top-left         | top-left          |
        | rotated | bottom-right     | top-left          |
        | flipped | bottom-left      | top-right         |
        +---------+------------------+-------------------+

    3.12.9 pclm-source-resolution-supported (1setOf resolution)
    This attribute enumerates the printer’s supported source resolutions
    (specific to PCLm). Specifies the resolution or range of source
    resolutions supported by the printer. Typically, a printer will produce
    better resolution and perform better when the source and printer
    resolution are equal.

    3.12.10 pclm-strip-height-preferred (integer)
    This attribute specifies the Printer's preferred strip height for
    Jobs that use the PCLm document format.

    3.12.11 pclm-strip-height-supported (1setOf integer)
    This attribute specifies the strip/swath heights that the Printer
    supports. Each non-zero strip height value MUST be a power of 2 and MUST
    NOT be less than 16. The strip height is specified in source space
    coordinates. This attribute is only required for PCLm jobs. Strip height
    is relative to page i.e. if 16 means strip height is = page length/16.

    A return value of 0 indicates that the entire page should be
    delivered to the printer as a single strip, e.g. strip height is equal to
    the page height, resulting in a strip count of 1.

Please reply with are any questions or comments,

Smith

/**
    Smith Kennedy
    Wireless & Standards Architect - IPG-PPS
    Standards - IEEE ISTO PWG / Bluetooth SIG / Wi-Fi Alliance / NFC Forum / USB-IF
    Chair, IEEE ISTO Printer Working Group
    HP Inc.
*/

_______________________________________________
ipp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.pwg.org/mailman/listinfo/ipp

---

From: Michael Sweet <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2018 16:25:45 -0400

All,

This was approved and posted to the IANA IPP registry earlier this week... :)

> On Sep 7, 2018, at 3:46 PM, Kennedy, Smith (Wireless & Standards Architect) <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Greetings,
> 

_________________________________________________________
Michael Sweet, Senior Printing System Engineer