Subject: [IPP] [PWG5100.1] Issue #87: Section 5.1: uses of "feed-orientation" and "orientation-requested" lack source reference citations

From: Smith Kennedy via ipp <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2019 15:14:11 +0000 (UTC)

[Issue Unconfirmed]

In Section 5.1, "feed-orientation" and "orientation-requested" are
discussed. But there are no references pointing the reader to where they
are defined (5100.11 and STD 92). Add relevant references.

Link: http://www.pwg.org/issues/87

_______________________________________________
ipp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.pwg.org/mailman/listinfo/ipp

---

From: Smith Kennedy via ipp <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2019 16:06:36 +0000 (UTC)

[Issue Unconfirmed]

Actually, it may be that the references to "feed-orientation" need to be
changed to also reference "media-source-feed-orientation" because in some
cases the Client may try to "force" media selection with a particular feed
orientation, while in other cases the media selected is already known by
the printer to have that orientation (as expressed via
media-col.media-source-properties.media-source-feed-orientation)