Subject: [IPP] Fwd: Google to Experiment 'DNS over HTTPS' (DoH) Feature in Chrome 78

From: Ira McDonald via ipp <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2019 13:08:59 -0400

FYI:

Immediately after Mozilla announced its plan to soon enable 'DNS over
HTTPS' (DoH) by default for Firefox users in the United States, Google
today says it is planning an experiment with the privacy-focused technology
in its upcoming Chrome 78. Under development since 2017, 'DNS over HTTPS'
performs DNS lookups—finding the server IP address of a certain domain
name—over an encrypted HTTPS connection to a DNS server, rather than
sending DNS queries in plaintext. The protocol that sends DNS queries over
secure HTTPS connections has specifically been designed to prevent
miscreants from interfering with domain name lookups, eventually stopping
network observers, including your ISPs and attackers, from figuring out
what sites you visit.

https://thehackernews.com/2019/09/chrome-dns-over-https.html
_______________________________________________
ipp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.pwg.org/mailman/listinfo/ipp