Subject: [ippm] IP Delay variation selection function

From: "Patricia K. Maier" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 09:07:33 -0400

I have been looking for some documented criteria on what constitutes a
"good" selection function to measure the delay variation.  I have not seen
anything in the mail archives that offers any guidance.  An intuitively
appealing metric is some measure of the "width" of the distribution of the
packet delay.  Then the resulting selection function would be equivalent to
choosing an upper and lower percentile from the population of packets under
consideration between two selected measurement points.  Specifying F
effectively to choose a range would provide a consistent way to obtain the
delay variation and permit some meaningful comparison across measurements
made by different implementations.

Are there any other known contributions to this metric within this group or
elsewhere?

Thanks
PK Maier

_______________________________________________
ippm mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mailhost.advanced.org/mailman/listinfo/ippm