Subject: [ippm] Comments on One-Way Active Measurements Protocol

From: Al Morton <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 22:08:26 -0500

Stanislav, (this was queued but not sent...)

Here's a replay of comments at the mic@ippm:

Good to see the inclusion of periodic sampling (section 4.4).
Section 5.1 only mentions exponentially distributed sampling,
so periodic sampling should be mentioned, or the text could be made
more general as to apply to all types of sampling as the
earlier sections of the document.

End of Section 4.7
When a Packet is Lost - the receiver knows the send time
according to the agreed schedule, but it does not have the
send time error. We need to be explicit about what value the
send time error is set to in the case of loss.

At the end of section 4.3, the response to session requests
is either Accept or Reject.  I stated that I'd like to
see a reason for rejection, and you agreed saying that it was
envisioned that we would add a list of reasons and codes over time.
Maybe we could start with a few that are easy to anticipate,
such as Busy, Can't comply with sending rate, and Errored request.
If you add the initial list, it will be clear how and where
the future list goes.

thanks,
Al

_______________________________________________
ippm mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mailhost.advanced.org/mailman/listinfo/ippm