Subject: [ippm] draft-bennett-ippm-ipmp-00.txt

From: Bennett Jon-MGIA0444 <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2002 08:53:46 -0500

This didn't get finished by the first draft deadline so I put it out here so
people would be able to get it.

ftp://151.203.97.123/incoming/draft-bennett-ippm-ipmp-00.txt

Abstract 
    
   The practice and need for active network measurement is well 
   established, however current tools are not well suited to this task, 
   mostly because the protocols which they employ have not been designed 
   for measurement of the modern Internet. 
    
   The IP Measurement Protocol (IPMP) is based on packet-probes, and is 
   designed to allow routers to participate in measurements by the 
   insertion of path information as the probe passes between a pair of 
   hosts.   

Jon C. R. Bennett
Chief Engineer and
Distinguished Member of Technical Staff
Motorola Broadband Communications Sector
3 Highwood Drive
Tewksbury, MA  01876
978.858.2300/2361 (direct)
978.858.2399 (Fax)

   -export-a-crypto-system-sig -RSA-3-lines-PERL

#!/bin/perl -sp0777i<X+d*lMLa^*lN%0]dsXx++lMlN/dsM0<j]dsj
$/=unpack('H*',$_);$_=`echo 16dio\U$k"SK$/SM$n\EsN0p[lN*1
lK[d2%Sa2/d0$^Ixp"|dc`;s/\W//g;$_=pack('H*',/((..)*)$/)

_______________________________________________
ippm mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mailhost.advanced.org/mailman/listinfo/ippm