Subject: [ippm] Protocol Action: 'A Two-way Active Measurement Protocol (TWAMP)' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 06:56:55 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'A Two-way Active Measurement Protocol (TWAMP) '
   <draft-ietf-ippm-twamp-09.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the IP Performance Metrics Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Lars Eggert and Magnus Westerlund.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ippm-twamp-09.txt

Technical Summary
 
The One-way Active Measurement Protocol [RFC4656] (OWAMP) provides
a common protocol for measuring one-way metrics between network
devices. OWAMP can be used bi-directionally to measure one-way
metrics in both directions between two network elements. However,
it does not accommodate round-trip or two-way measurements. This
memo specifies a Two-way Active Measurement Protocol (TWAMP), based
on the OWAMP, that adds two-way or round-trip measurement
capabilities. The TWAMP measurement architecture is usually
comprised of two hosts with specific roles, and this allows for
some protocol simplifications, making it an attractive alternative
in some circumstances.
 
Working Group Summary
 
The working group has supported the document through the last
few revisions, and it has been uncontroversial.
 
Protocol Quality
 
The document has been given thorough review by the group over its
revisions, the key reviewers are listed in the acknowledgements section.

Personnel

Document Shepherd: Henk Uijterwaal ([email-masked])
Responsible Area Director: Lars Eggert ([email-masked])

_______________________________________________
ippm mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ippm