Subject: [ippm] RFC 6349 on Framework for TCP Throughput Testing

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2011 09:34:03 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6349

        Title:      Framework for TCP Throughput Testing 
        Author:     B. Constantine, G. Forget,
                    R. Geib, R. Schrage
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       August 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      27
        Characters: 62494
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ippm-tcp-throughput-tm-13.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6349.txt

This framework describes a practical methodology for measuring end-
to-end TCP Throughput in a managed IP network.  The goal is to provide
a better indication in regard to user experience.  In this framework,
TCP and IP parameters are specified to optimize TCP Throughput.  This 
document is not an Internet Standards Track specification; it is
published for informational purposes.

This document is a product of the IP Performance Metrics Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC