Subject: [ippm] New Liaison Statement, "Quality Experience Delivered program"

From: Liaison Statement Management Tool <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2020 14:16:05 -0700

Title: Quality Experience Delivered program
Submission Date: 2020-04-24
URL of the IETF Web page: https://datatracker.ietf.org/liaison/1679/

From: Lincoln Lavoie <[email-masked]>
To: Tommy Pauly <[email-masked]>,Ian Swett <[email-masked]>
Cc: Ian Swett <[email-masked]>,Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>,IP Performance Measurement Discussion List <[email-masked]>,Tommy Pauly <[email-masked]>,Dave Sinicrope <[email-masked]>,Martin Duke <[email-masked]>,Liaisons at BBF <[email-masked]>,Lincoln Lavoie <[email-masked]>,Robin Mersh <[email-masked]>,April Nowicki <[email-masked]>,Greg Mirsky  <[email-masked]>,Secretariat of ITU-T SG12 <[email-masked]>,Curtis Knittle <[email-masked]>,Karthik Sundaresan <[email-masked]>,Greg White <[email-masked]>
Response Contacts: [email-masked]
Technical Contacts: 
Purpose: For information

Body: There is increasing interest across the industry in better understanding, measuring and managing the effects
of statistical multiplexing, particularly as it impacts latency. We are aware of your efforts in this direction and
believe that you will be interested to know that the Broadband Forum has an ongoing program of work
relating to this within the Performance, Experience, and Application Testing (PEAT) project stream under the
Access and Transport Architecture Work Area. This program is called “Quality Experience Delivered”, and is
outlined in the Broadband Forum Marketing Report MR-452.1: Motivation for Quality Verified Broadband
Services, which can be accessed here: https://www.broadband-forum.org/marketing/download/MR-
452.1.pdf.

The Broadband Forum is developing further Marketing Reports on this topic, and also a number of Technical
Reports that will provide normative recommendations. These Technical Reports will cover:
•  A reference model for quality attenuation measurements to set requirements against and define
interoperability;
•  A set of specifications for performing quality attenuation measurements in a ‘frictionless’ way, using
established mechanisms (e.g. TR-390);
•  A definition of a conformance test to establish the correctness of a quality attenuation measurement
implementation.

We anticipate starting the approval process in May.

For further information contact [email-masked].

Sincerely,

Lincoln Lavoie,
Broadband Forum Technical Committee Chair
Attachments:

    LIAISE-386-04
    https://www.ietf.org/lib/dt/documents/LIAISON/liaison-2020-04-24-broadband-forum-ippm-quality-experience-delivered-program-attachment-1.pdf