Subject: [ippm] [Errata Verified] RFC6038 (6409)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2021 17:05:26 -0800 (PST)

The following errata report has been verified for RFC6038,
"Two-Way Active Measurement Protocol (TWAMP) Reflect Octets and Symmetrical Size Features". 

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
https://www.rfc-editor.org/errata/eid6409

--------------------------------------
Status: Verified
Type: Technical

Reported by: Nikolai Malykh <[email-masked]>
Date Reported: 2021-01-25
Verified by: Martin Duke (IESG)

Section: 4.2

Original Text
-------------
   The Padding Length SHOULD be >= 56 octets when specifying a test
   session using the Authenticated or Encrypted TWAMP-Test modes to
   allow for the truncation process that TWAMP recommends, see Section
   4.2.1 of [RFC5357].

   The Padding Length SHALL be > the Length of padding to reflect when
   specifying a test session using the OPTIONAL Reflect Octets mode.

   In Unauthenticated TWAMP-Test mode, the Padding Length SHALL be >= 27
   + Length of padding to reflect octets when specifying a test session
   using both the OPTIONAL Reflect Octets mode and the truncation
   process that TWAMP recommends, see Section 4.2.1 of [RFC5357].

   In Authenticated or Encrypted TWAMP-Test modes, the Padding Length
   SHALL be >= 56 + Length of padding to reflect octets when specifying
   a test session using both the OPTIONAL Reflect Octets mode and the
   truncation process that TWAMP recommends, see Section 4.2.1 of
   [RFC5357].

Corrected Text
--------------
   The Padding Length SHOULD be >= 64 octets when specifying a test
   session using the Authenticated or Encrypted TWAMP-Test modes to
   allow for the truncation process that TWAMP recommends, see Section
   4.2.1 of [RFC5357].

   The Padding Length SHALL be > the Length of padding to reflect when
   specifying a test session using the OPTIONAL Reflect Octets mode.

   In Unauthenticated TWAMP-Test mode, the Padding Length SHALL be >= 27
   + Length of padding to reflect octets when specifying a test session
   using both the OPTIONAL Reflect Octets mode and the truncation
   process that TWAMP recommends, see Section 4.2.1 of [RFC5357].

   In Authenticated or Encrypted TWAMP-Test modes, the Padding Length
   SHALL be >= 64 + Length of padding to reflect octets when specifying
   a test session using both the OPTIONAL Reflect Octets mode and the
   truncation process that TWAMP recommends, see Section 4.2.1 of
   [RFC5357].

Notes
-----
Invalid required padding size (56 instead of 64) for modes with authentication and encryption.

--------------------------------------
RFC6038 (draft-ietf-ippm-twamp-reflect-octets-09)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Two-Way Active Measurement Protocol (TWAMP) Reflect Octets and Symmetrical Size Features
Publication Date    : October 2010
Author(s)           : A. Morton, L. Ciavattone
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : IP Performance Measurement
Area                : Transport
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG