Subject: [ippm] RFC 8972 on Simple Two-Way Active Measurement Protocol Optional Extensions

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2021 20:37:16 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8972

        Title:      Simple Two-Way Active Measurement Protocol 
                    Optional Extensions 
        Author:     G. Mirsky,
                    X. Min,
                    H. Nydell,
                    R. Foote,
                    A. Masputra,
                    E. Ruffini
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       January 2021
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      29
        Updates:    RFC 8762

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ippm-stamp-option-tlv-10.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8972

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8972

This document describes optional extensions to Simple Two-way Active
Measurement Protocol (STAMP) that enable measurement of performance
metrics. The document also defines a STAMP Test Session Identifier
and thus updates RFC 8762.

This document is a product of the IP Performance Measurement Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC