Subject: [ipr-announce] IPR Disclosure: Alcatel-Lucent's Statement about IPR related to draft-ietf-l2vpn-arp-mediation-19

From: IETF Secretariat <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2012 06:12:11 -0700

Dear Himanshu C. Shah, Giles Heron, Vach Kompella, Eric Rosen:

 An IPR disclosure that pertains to your Internet-Draft entitled "ARP Mediation
for IP Interworking of Layer 2 VPN" (draft-ietf-l2vpn-arp-mediation) was
submitted to the IETF Secretariat on 2012-03-29 and has been posted on the "IETF
Page of Intellectual Property Rights Disclosures"
(https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1738/). The title of the IPR disclosure is
"Alcatel-Lucent's Statement about IPR related to draft-ietf-l2vpn-arp-
mediation-19."");

The IETF Secretariat

---

From: "Andrew G. Malis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2012 08:19:58 -0400

IPv6 support for ARP mediation was added in
draft-ietf-l2vpn-arp-mediation-08, dated July 2007. The text of the
patent directly refers to revision -09 of the draft, and at least one
of the authors is an IETF regular. The patent was filed in January
2009 and awarded in May 2011. Why is it just being disclosed now?

Thanks,
Andy