Subject: Re: Some facts about the W3C RF Patent Policy

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 15:53:20 -0000

Guido,

I'm not trying to avoid the real issues; but real facts are a good starting
point.  Check the W3C web site.

BTW, where did you get your crystal ball ?  I'd really like one !   8o)

	Regards,

	Graham Travers

	International Standards Manager
	BTexact Technologies

	e-mail:   [email-masked]
	tel:      +44(0) 1359 235086
	mobile:   +44(0) 7808 502536
	fax:      +44(0) 1359 235087

	HWB279, PO Box 200,London, N18 1ZF, UK

	BTexact Technologies is a trademark of British Telecommunications
plc
	Registered office: 81 Newgate Street London EC1A 7AJ
	Registered in England no. 1800000

	This electronic message contains information from British
Telecommunications plc which may be privileged or confidential. The
information is intended to be for the use of the individual(s) or entity
named above. If you are not the intended recipient be aware that any
disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information
is prohibited. If you have received this electronic message in error, please
notify us by telephone or email (to the numbers or address above)
immediately.

--__--__--

Message: 4
To: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: Some facts about the W3C RF Patent Policy
From: Guido van Rossum <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 09:26:50 -0500

> Graham's posting fills in some conspicuous factual gaps in previous 
> postings. 
>
> You could equally ask why the previous postings did not mention
> these facts.

The only fact I am sure of is that Graham claims they're facts.

With a subject as touchy as this, claiming to "stick to the facts" can
easily be used as a way to avoid the real issues.

I wasn't at the W3C meeting, but it is my understanding that, while
technically correct, the fact that the policy isn't yet accepted is
irrelevant, because it *will* be accepted.

--Guido van Rossum (home page: http://www.python.org/~guido/)

_______________________________________________
Ipr-wg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipr-wg

---

From: Guido van Rossum <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 12:17:56 -0500

> BTW, where did you get your crystal ball ?  I'd really like one !   8o)

Sorry, they're sold out. ;-)