Subject: Comments on IPR drafts

From: Thomas Narten <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 13:24:19 -0400

Hi.

I've just completed a detailed review of:

     draft-ietf-ipr-submission-rights-06.txt
     draft-ietf-ipr-technology-rights-10.txt
     draft-ietf-ipr-template-05.txt

Specific comments will come as separate messages. I've tried to split
the comments into substantive vs. editorial, but erred on the side
of marking things substantive mainly to be sure I understand the
intent.

None of my comments are intended to be substantive changes to the
actual policies at issue, rather, they relate to portions of the
document I find unclear, potentially ambiguous, or not addressing an
issue that I've seen come up in IPR-related discussions over the
years.

Note: I have not been following the WG discussions in detail, so my
comments really come from reading the words in the documents without
the context of WG discussion.

Apologies for the length and detail. But this is an important topic
where the details are important.

Thomas

_______________________________________________
Ipr-wg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipr-wg