Subject: RE: comments on technology-rights-10

From: "Contreras, Jorge" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 15:39:20 -0400

Perhaps in:

6.1.2. An IETF participant's IPR in Contributions by others
   Any individual participating in an IETF discussion who reasonably and
   personally knows of IPR meeting the conditions of Section 6.6 which
   the individual believes Covers or may ultimately Cover a Contribution
   made by another person, or which such IETF participant reasonably and
   personally knows his or her employer or sponsor intends to assert
   against Implementing Technologies based on such Contribution, must
   make a disclosure in accordance with this Section 6.

replace the fourth line with:

   made in that discussion by another person, or which such IETF 
participant reasonably and

(i.e. make the connection that we're talking about participating in the
*same* IETF discussion.)

and perhaps also add in the end:

If an IETF participant would not be able to disclose IPR, he or she must 
not participate in IETF discussions on that subject, as described in 
Section 7.

JLC>  We haven't really defined "discussion" well enough, I see.
I'm not sure that the obligation to disclose should only apply to
things actually mentioned in the same (narrowly-defined) discussion
(e.g., an uninterrupted conversational session at a physical IETF meeting).
If 'discussion' were defined broadly, to include all the things currently
on the agenda of a WG in which the participant participates, then
maybe it would make sense.

-- Jorge

_______________________________________________
Ipr-wg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipr-wg

_______________________________________________
Ipr-wg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipr-wg