Subject: Following the IPR WG work for the IETF Trust

From: "Soininen Jonne (Nokia-NET/Espoo)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2006 18:08:29 +0200

Hi,

I just wanted to give heads up that I'm going to be following (and
contributing) the IPR WG work as designated from the IETF Trust. This
just means that we have always somebody participating in the mailing
list and in the meetings specifically responsible from the trust point
of view.

Of course, the people who have been active in the WG (like Brian et al.)
will continue to participate from their personal/other hat point of
view.

Cheers,

Jonne.

-- 
Jonne Soininen
Nokia

Tel: +358 40 527 46 34
E-mail: [email-masked] 

_______________________________________________
Ipr-wg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipr-wg

---

From: Ted Hardie <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2006 11:36:39 -0800

>will continue to participate from their personal/other hat point of

Jonne,
	I'm not sure what you meant by the text above.  If you
mean you are the IETF Trust's representative on this list, I think
you need to go back to re-reading the Tao of the IETF.  If what you
meant was "I am the stuckee for reading this list and forwarding
interesting bits to the trustees", okay, but you understand that
this working group's output will be in IETF Last Called documents
and that anything prior to that is subject to further discussion in
the larger community.  Please take on the stuckee tast of making
sure that the Trustees as a group know that as well.
			regards,
				Ted

---

From: "Soininen Jonne (Nokia-NET/Espoo)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 08:58:54 +0200

OK,

I knew that I was going to cause confusion with my mail. But I did it
anyways:

> sure that the Trustees as a group know that as well.

Ted,

"I am the stuckee for reading this list and forwarding interesting bits
to the trustees", in addition, "if there are questions to the trust I am
here to make sure that the trust gets the questions and the questions
are answered." 

Yes, I know this is a WG and I have no special status, neither does the
trust in the WG. Sorry if I was not clear.

Cheers,

Jonne.

---

From: Harald Tveit Alvestrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 08:58:01 +0100

Jonne,

I for one am very glad you're doing the job!
Thanks!

--On tirsdag, januar 10, 2006 08:58:54 +0200 "Soininen Jonne