Subject: IETF's IP Trust - how come the ownership of the IETF's Trademarks is still part of CRNI...

From: "todd glassey" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 17:24:31 -0800

Q?
Are you folks are aware that CNRI owns the IETF's trademarks including the
artwork banner atop the current IETF website.  So let me ask you IP Trust
people... Will these be a part of the Trust's IP as well? and does CNRI know
this and agree to it?

Seems to me these are the first three pieces of IP to get control over if
you really want to do the trust up propa'

Serial Number    Reg. Number    Word Mark               Check Status
Live/Dead
178755496                                IETF
TARR    LIVE
278755455                                IETF
TARR    LIVE
375635795    2392833              IETF SECRETARIAT    TARR    LIVE

_______________________________________________
Ipr-wg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipr-wg

---

From: Harald Tveit Alvestrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 07:50:54 +0100

Todd,

PLEASE check out the facts, as announced on ietf-announce et al.....

<http://koi.uoregon.edu/~iaoc/> has the details, but the trust was created 
on December 15, and the trademarks now belong to the IETF trust.
The Word document "Confirmatory assignment" lists the trademarks including 
registration and application numbers.

I guess the paperwork at USPTO hasn't caught up.

--On tirsdag, januar 10, 2006 17:24:31 -0800 todd glassey 
<[email-masked]> wrote:

> people... Will these be a part of the Trust's IP as well? and does CNRI
> know this and agree to it?
>