Subject: Would the IPR working group consider allowing a SPONSORS SHEET to be added to the ID or RFC's

From: "todd glassey" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2006 09:30:27 -0700

So SOB/SMB/Harald

Something hit me as an idea that might allow for the instant subsidization
of the IETF's publication desk, the editors and everything... Poof - and it
could be done almost immediately if you folks were to agree that this might
work and was worth looking at. That being allowing companies to 'formally
brand' subsidized IETF Publications with their moniker sort of like what
GOOGLE does on a number of its searches with its GOOGLE  HEADERS.

The process could yield funds as early as probably a month or two at most
if it was to be approved and set into play...
I cant think of any of the major players who would not want to subsidize the
publications desk to be able to publish the IETF docs on their "letterhead"
as it were.

And this could be done as a banner on the page or as a one page of
commercial acknowledgement of the IETF's Publishing Desk Sponsor's...

The pieces would be something like:

    1)    Proposal - Creation of a Branding-Rights Statement for Publication
Sponsors

    2)    Defining the "level's" of sponsorship for Branding Rights etc...

    3)    Creating an "Offering Memorandum" for Subsidizing the IETF's
Publications Desk Operations and its Editors

Jorge - any commentary?

Todd

_______________________________________________
Ipr-wg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipr-wg