Subject: Outbound Rights Issues

From: "Joel M. Halpern" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 11:50:19 -0500

Section 3.1 of the outbound rights document is called "Specific 
Issues"  It is there as a place to describe particular problems that 
drive the approach the document takes.
Currently, although it says it describes a number of concerns, it 
actually has only one.  It describes the issue of the difficulty of 
revising legal language using RFCs.

I can change the section to simply be called "Legal Wording" and 
remove the part that says that it describes "issues."
I could remove the whole section, and just let the "Powers and 
Authority" section make the statement about what we are doing without 
any explanation.
Or, if there are other issues that are being addressed that people 
think should be described in 3.1 (not changing the instructions, just 
explaining the problem) I would be happy to include additional 
text.  While I could move some of the text from 5.3 on "Rights 
Granted for Implementing based on IETF Contributions" up into 3.1, I 
would prefer not to do that, as the explanation there helps make 
clear the instructions included in that section.

Yours,
Joel M. Halpern

_______________________________________________
Ipr-wg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipr-wg