Subject: Outgoing Terminology

From: "Joel M. Halpern" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 04 Mar 2007 00:02:40 -0500

One of the comments on the draft on outgoing rights was that I was 
unclear / inconsistent / wrong about who the rights are granted by, 
and who we are giving advice to.
So I asked our lawyer.  Jorge gave me a clear answer.
I expect to make the following clarifications with regard to entities.
The rights are granted by contributors to the IETF trust.
The IETF trust grants the outgoing rights.
We give advice to the Trustees of the IETF Trust as to what rights 
the IETF would like to see granted.

I hope that is clear.  While it will be a little verbose in spots, 
correctness is better than conciseness in this case.

Yours,
Joel M. Halpern

_______________________________________________
Ipr-wg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipr-wg