Subject: Concerns about the NoteWell Data Evidence.

From: "TS Glassey" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2007 06:04:57 -0800

Folks,
Since NoteWell contains a key part of any vetting process or documents key 
communications with the IETF, I believe a modification of the existing 
NoteWell specification is needed to 'force a IETF Staff Member or WG Chair' 
to response to a "READ REQUEST" tagged email appropriately and not doing so 
would violate the scope of that Staff Member's job.

In today's Digital Evidence world and with the new emerging standards for 
ESI, the world is changing, and in the interest of proving that the IETF is 
indeed "Open and Fair" and that all communications concerning management 
matters are properly received and reviewed, its important to be able to get 
a receipt acknowledgement when requested.

Otherwise, unauthenticated email doesn't really represent the IETF well. I 
also suggest that ANY AND ALL official communications from the IETF 
including ANY that pertain to Disciplinary Actions especially, are all 
digitally signed under eSign and other electronic signature acts globally.

Todd Glassey 

_______________________________________________
Ipr-wg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipr-wg