Subject: Disclosure of Sponsor's and #1539

From: "TS Glassey" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2007 19:06:43 -0800

Harald - I hope this isn't off topic, but...

Since we are working on the term "Contributor", one of the things
that is missing from all of the IETF participation processes is "the
mandatory disclosure of sponsor information".

Since participation in a WG forms "a joint contractual contribution of
Engineering Consulting services" those constitute "sharing of IP' type
scenario's" and in as much, it is totally reasonable for all of the "other
participant's" in a WG to know who is paying the bills for their WG 
partner's efforts.

I am dead serious about this... All of the material-sponsor's need to be
formally disclosed and this needs to be a part of BCP78 IMHO 
because without it one cannot know who one is entering into joint-
development contract with... right?

Todd Glassey

_______________________________________________
Ipr-wg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipr-wg