Subject: IETF Sublicense prevent's the recall of IP published...

From: "TS Glassey" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 11:47:58 -0800

In addition to the other two posts about the  problems with the IPR 
processes I want to also add the issue of the IETF's sublicensing statement 
which, once published means that this IP can never be recalled.

This is a very important statement because in instances where the IETF 
publishes something that it doesn't own the rights to like IP described in 
IPR's which deny its use of the IP, any instances where it authorizes others 
to use that IP, it will become liable.

The ONLY fix for this is a sublicense that can be recalled when necessary. 
The For Any and All Uses also constrains this as well.

My suggestion is that we have a couple of IP lawyers look at this in a 
hurry...

---
Personal Disclaimers Apply

TS Glassey 

_______________________________________________
Ipr-wg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipr-wg