Subject: [Fwd: RFC 5377 on Advice to the Trustees of the IETF Trust on Rights to Be Granted in IETF Documents]

From: Harald Alvestrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 21:44:32 +0100

Our documents have now been published as RFCs.

Congratulations, and thanks to everyone who's worked hard and 
constructively to get to this point - it's been a long haul, but now 
it's over!

                    Harald

Subject: RFC 5377 on Advice to the Trustees of the IETF Trust on Rights to Be Granted in IETF Documents
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 18:50:31 -0800 (PST)
List-Id: IPR-WG <ipr-wg.ietf.org>

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5377

        Title:      Advice to the Trustees of 
                    the IETF Trust on Rights to 
                    Be Granted in IETF Documents 
        Author:     J. Halpern, Ed.
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       November 2008
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      8
        Characters: 17843
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ipr-outbound-rights-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5377.txt

Contributors grant intellectual property rights to the IETF.  The
IETF Trust holds and manages those rights on behalf of the IETF.  The
Trustees of the IETF Trust are responsible for that management.  This
management includes granting the licenses to copy, implement, and
otherwise use IETF Contributions, among them Internet-Drafts and
RFCs.  The Trustees of the IETF Trust accepts direction from the IETF
regarding the rights to be granted.  This document describes the
desires of the IETF regarding outbound rights to be granted in IETF
Contributions.  This memo provides information for the Internet community.

This document is a product of the Intellectual Property Rights Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

_______________________________________________
Ipr-wg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipr-wg

Subject: BCP 78, RFC 5378 on Rights Contributors Provide to the IETF Trust
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 18:50:39 -0800 (PST)
List-Id: IPR-WG <ipr-wg.ietf.org>

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        BCP 78        
        RFC 5378

        Title:      Rights Contributors Provide to the 
                    IETF Trust 
        Author:     S. Bradner, Ed.,
                    J. Contreras, Ed.
        Status:     Best Current Practice
        Date:       November 2008
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      16
        Characters: 37980
        Obsoletes:  RFC3978, RFC4748
        Updates:    RFC2026
        See Also:   BCP0078

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ipr-3978-incoming-09.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5378.txt

The IETF policies about rights in Contributions to the IETF are designed
to ensure that such Contributions can be made available to the IETF and
Internet communities while permitting the authors to retain as many
rights as possible.  This memo details the IETF policies on rights in
Contributions to the IETF.  It also describes the objectives that the
policies are designed to meet.  This memo obsoletes RFCs 3978 and 4748
and, with BCP 79 and RFC 5377, replaces Section 10 of RFC 2026.  This 
document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the
Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for
improvements.

This document is a product of the Intellectual Property Rights Working Group of the IETF.

BCP: This document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the
Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for 
improvements. Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

_______________________________________________
Ipr-wg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipr-wg

_______________________________________________
Ipr-wg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipr-wg