Subject: BCP 78, RFC 5378 on Rights Contributors Provide to the IETF Trust

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 18:50:39 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        BCP 78        
        RFC 5378

        Title:      Rights Contributors Provide to the 
                    IETF Trust 
        Author:     S. Bradner, Ed.,
                    J. Contreras, Ed.
        Status:     Best Current Practice
        Date:       November 2008
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      16
        Characters: 37980
        Obsoletes:  RFC3978, RFC4748
        Updates:    RFC2026
        See Also:   BCP0078

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ipr-3978-incoming-09.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5378.txt

The IETF policies about rights in Contributions to the IETF are designed
to ensure that such Contributions can be made available to the IETF and
Internet communities while permitting the authors to retain as many
rights as possible.  This memo details the IETF policies on rights in
Contributions to the IETF.  It also describes the objectives that the
policies are designed to meet.  This memo obsoletes RFCs 3978 and 4748
and, with BCP 79 and RFC 5377, replaces Section 10 of RFC 2026.  This 
document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the
Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for
improvements.

This document is a product of the Intellectual Property Rights Working Group of the IETF.

BCP: This document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the
Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for 
improvements. Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

_______________________________________________
Ipr-wg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipr-wg