Subject: Re: I-D Action: draft-bradner-rfc3979bis-04.txt

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Apr 2013 07:56:02 +0100

Hi,

I think the new definition of "participating" is much better.
Just three quibbles about this:

>  Without limiting the generality of the
>  foregoing, attending all or part of a session at a live IETF
>  meeting is deemed to mean participating in the entire session.

Does "attending" include remote attendees (audio+jabber etc.)?

Does "live IETF meeting" include interim meetings including
teleconference meetings?

Is the use of "participating in" in this sentence to be
interpreted recursively as part of the definition of
"participating", or should it be "attending"?

Regards
   Brian

---

From: Scott O Bradner <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2013 05:38:52 -0400

text suggestions welcome

Scott

On Apr 9, 2013, at 2:56 AM, Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> Ipr-wg mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipr-wg

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2013 08:11:45 +0100

>> Does "attending" include remote attendees (audio+jabber etc.)?

See my note in the thread 'Re: 1.k in draft-bradner-rfc3979bis-04: scope of "participation"'

>> Does "live IETF meeting" include interim meetings including

Ditto

>> "participating", or should it be "attending"?

David Black's fix clarifies this.

   Brian