Subject: Re: KE payload

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 22:46:41 -0500

The problem is that with the advent of suites, there is no registry
of DH group numbers. There are a number of them published in
[ADDGROUP], but IKE is not limited to using only those. A newly
defined suite could use its own private DH group, and it would have
no identifier other than the suite-id.

          --Charlie

Opinions expressed may not even be mine by the time you read them, and
certainly don't reflect those of any other entity (legal or otherwise).

Lakshminath Dondeti <[email-masked]> wrote:
> I may have missed the discussion on it, but why can't the Suite-ID in
> the KE payload be "DH group #"?
>
> regards,
> Lakshminath
>
>                        1                   2                   3
>         0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1
>        +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
>        ! Next Payload  !C!  RESERVED   !         Payload Length        !
>        +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
>        !            Suite-ID           !       RESERVED (MBZ)          !
>        +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
>        !                                                               !
>        ~                       Key Exchange Data                       ~
>        !                                                               !
>        +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
>
>                  Figure 8:  Key Exchange Payload Format
>