Subject: IPsec bakeoff in July 2003 confirmed

From: Ghislaine Labouret <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 14:56:38 +0100

The organization of an IPsec bakeoff in France, the week after IETF 57
in Vienna, has been confirmed. Registration is now open. Here is the
announcement by the organizer, ETSI:

----- Begin Forwarded message -----

From: Philippe Cousin <[email-masked]>
Sent: 06 March 2003 15:30
Subject: Registration for the IPsec interoperability event 21-25 July 
now open!

Dear all,

ETSI is pleased to invite you to the IPsec Interoperability Event (21-25
July 2003). The event will take place the week after 57th IETF meeting
(Vienna, Austria).

Companies with IPsec implementation but also PKI providers are invited
to demonstrate interoperability between products in a multi-vendors
environment. 

Tests will be performed with a specific focus on IKEv2. Feedback on
generic problems encountered will be published after the event. It is
reminded that detailed information during the event are confidential and
the event strictly reserved to technical people with products. Marketing
and Sales representatives as well as observers are not allowed. 

All information and registration now open on line can be found at the
following link:
http://www.etsi.org/plugtests/02UpcomingEvents/IPsec/IPsec_home.htm

A mailing list for discussing the technical details and preparing the
event is also open and information given in the web site.

Look forward having companies successfully progressing together IPsec
interoperability at the event.

Best regards,

Philippe COUSIN
Interoperability Service Manager
Tel: + 33 (0)4 92 94 4306
Fax: +33 (0)4 92 38 5248
http://www.etsi.org/plugtests/

----- End Forwarded message -----

---

From: Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 14:46:00 -0800

>>>>> "Ghislaine" == Ghislaine Labouret <[email-masked]> writes:
    Ghislaine> The organization of an IPsec bakeoff in France, the week after
    Ghislaine> IETF 57 
    Ghislaine> in Vienna, has been confirmed. Registration is now open. Here
    Ghislaine> is the 
    Ghislaine> announcement by the organizer, ETSI:

  I would not agree. Registration is a mess.
  The passwords often do not work. 

  The list of hotels is a questionable .DOC file (I didn't open it. I suggest
that nobody should ever open or post such a document on a web site). 
  We are told that the hotels are far enough from the facility that we are
told to rent a car twice. 
  (And we are told that we should do this because the town cares too much
about the environment!?!?!)  

  It is not in Cannes or in Nice, but in some suburb in between.

  The event registration is over 900 Euros/person. 
  And it will be high season in the south of france.

  My vote would be to talk to the Hotel in Vienna, and stay there!

]       ON HUMILITY: to err is human. To moo, bovine.           |  firewalls  [
]   Michael Richardson, Sandelman Software Works, Ottawa, ON    |net architect[
] [email-masked] http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/ |device driver[
] panic("Just another Debian GNU/Linux using, kernel hacking, security guy"); [