Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ipsec-flowmon-mib-tc-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2003 06:36:37 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP Security Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: IPsec Flow Monitoring MIB Textual Conventions
	Author(s)	: C. Madson et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ipsec-flowmon-mib-tc-00.txt
	Pages		: 0
	Date		: 2003-4-2
	
This document describes the SMI textual coventions required to
support the definition of IPsec MIBs. It is necessary to separate
the definition of the textual conventions into a separate document
due to their dependence on IANA assigned numbers for transforms
and Diffie-Hellman groups supported by IPsec protocol.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipsec-flowmon-mib-tc-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ipsec-flowmon-mib-tc-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipsec-flowmon-mib-tc-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: John Shriver <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2003 11:25:22 -0500

Most of the textual-conventions duplicate those in 
draft-ietf-ipsec-doi-tc-mib-07.txt, on which there is a final push 
effort on to get "done".

Some are different in ways that cause them not to match the protocol 
values (IkeNegoMode).

Some are not numbers used in any protocol, so I don't see why the IANA 
would be maintaining them (ControlProtocol).

This looks to be a duplication of effort, with far less coverage of the 
number space than the established project.