Subject: exporting IPsec?

From: Alex Alten <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2003 12:35:25 -0700

Has anyone on this list encountered any issues with
exporting IPsec from USA/Canada to other countries?
In particular I'd curious to know what types of restrictions;
key length, countries approved (or not), escrow requirements,
product type restrictions (network hardware, software), etc.

Did you have to maintain two types of product one for North
America and the other for overseas?

I'm not looking for names in particular, just whether or not
the BXA would approve (or not) types of IPsec products
to areas of the planet (Europe, Asia, etc.), and what types of
restrictions were placed on successful export licenses.

Also, out of curiosity, has Sept. 11th caused any tightening
of the export requirements?  Are you finding it harder to get
BXA license approval?

- Alex

--

Alex Alten
[email-masked]

---

From: Alex Alten <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 11:12:59 -0700

I've gotten a number of private replies.  I wanted to
thank those people for responding.

My main interest is to see if the key management of
IPsec has caused any problems with getting an
export license.  Does the end-to-end nature of
it make a license more restrictive?  Say in comparison
to SSL? (Actually I'd expect SSL to be more restrictive
since it internally generates the session keys.)

- Alex

>Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2003 12:35:25 -0700
>To: [email-masked]
>From: Alex Alten <[email-masked]>
>Subject: exporting IPsec?
>
>

--

Alex Alten
[email-masked]