Subject: DPD Notification messages in IKEv2

From: Ravi <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2003 10:32:33 +0530

Hi,
I did not see any notification messages related to DPD in IKEv2-06 specifications.
Is there any plan to put these notifications in next version.
Regards,
Ravi

-- 

The views presented in this mail are completely mine. The company is not 
responsible for whatsoever.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ravi Kumar CH
Rendezvous On Chip (i) Pvt Ltd
Hyderabad, India
Ph: +91-40-2335 1214 / 1175 / 1184

ROC home page <http://www.roc.co.in>

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 21:27:40 -0400

> Is there any plan to put these notifications in next version.

The IKEv2 spec has said for some time that an empty exchange (a message
with no payloads) can be used for dead peer detection since every message
must be acknowledged including an empty one.

Is some other form of notification message needed?

          --Charlie

Opinions expressed may not even be mine by the time you read them, and
certainly don't reflect those of any other entity (legal or otherwise).