Subject: Issue #86: Add IPv6 mobility header message type as selector

From: Tero Kivinen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 18:16:28 +0300

This issue have received some support in the list, so I think it can
be accepted for the RFC2401 part. The problem now is what to do with
the IKEv2 part of this. If we add the support for mobility header as
selector to the RFC2401 we might want to have some mechanism to
negotiate the that in IKE, and current we do not have any text for it.
I do not want to see the IKEv2 draft delayed because of that, so I
think the best way would be to write separate draft that will describe
how to negotiate mobility headers in the IKEv2. The current changes in
the RFC2401 is quite small (if I understand them correctly), thus that
could go in now. Or perhaps this should be part of the IKEv2
mobility/roaming/multihoming etc work?

What do others think?

The proposed approach from the issue #86 is:
----------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Change "upper layer protocol" to "next layer protocol".
(We made this change to AH and ESP previously.)
2. Add the mobility header as another possible "next layer"
protocol
3. Add mobility header type (MH Type) to the list of
selectors supported in the SPD and in IKEv2.
4. The processing text stays the same.
-- 
[email-masked]
SSH Communications Security                  http://www.ssh.fi/
SSH IPSEC Toolkit                            http://www.ssh.fi/ipsec/