Subject: IKEv2 documents ready for IETF wide last call

From: "Theodore Ts'o" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2003 10:03:22 -0400

Hi Russ,

	It is with a certain amount of pleasure (and relief!) that
Barbara and I send to you the following documents as being ready for
IETF-wide last call:

	draft-ietf-ipsec-ikev2-11.txt
	draft-ietf-ipsec-ui-suites-04.txt
	draft-ietf-ipsec-ikev2-algorithms-04.txt

We would appreciate it if you would put them in your queue for AD
review, and update the IETF status tracker appropriately.

Thanks must go to many people in the IPSEC working group, and there is a
fuller set of acknowledgements in section 8 of the IKEv2 I-D, but I
would especially like to recognize and thank: Charlie Kaufman, Paul
Hoffman, and Jeff Schiller, the editors of the above drafts, as well as
Angelos, Tero, Radia, Hugo, Hugh, Dan, and many, many others.

We can see the light at the end of the tunnel, and I'm pretty sure it's
not a short-range missile headed for Seoul.  :-)  Indeed, with any luck,
we hope that we will be able to wrap up RFC 2401-bis up before the
Spring 2004 IETF meeting in Korea.

						- Ted and Barbara

---

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 10:10:42 -0400

Ted:

Thanks.  I have updated the Data Tracker, indicating Proposed Standard for 
all three documents.

Russ