Subject: IKEv2 Correction (editorial)

From: "Lakshminath Dondeti" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 13:57:36 -0400

In Section 3.3.2, Figure 8 of ikev2-11, the second RESERVED field should 
be 2 octets in length.

The description below should say something like:

 RESERVED2 - MUST be sent as zero; MUST be ignored on receipt.

thanks,
Lakshminath

---

From: Paul Koning <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 16:17:36 -0400

>>>>> "Lakshminath" == Lakshminath Dondeti <[email-masked]> writes:

 Lakshminath> In Section 3.3.2, Figure 8 of ikev2-11, the second
 Lakshminath> RESERVED field should be 2 octets in length.

 Lakshminath> The description below should say something like:

 Lakshminath> RESERVED2 - MUST be sent as zero; MUST be ignored on
 Lakshminath> receipt.

Standard text for reserved fields is:

	 SHOULD be sent as zero; MUST be ignored on receipt.

     paul

---

From: "Lakshminath Dondeti" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 16:28:31 -0400

There are a few instances of  "MUST be sent as zero" in IKEv2-11.

regards,
Lakshminath

---

From: "Lakshminath Dondeti" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 17:48:58 -0400

Hate to lose the original point of the message in the MUST/SHOULD 
discussion on RESERVED fields:

Lakshminath

Dondeti, Lakshminath wrote:

> In Section 3.3.2, Figure 8 of ikev2-11, the second RESERVED field 
> should be 2 octets in length.
>

---

From: "Lakshminath Dondeti" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 17:48:58 -0400

Lakshminath