Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ipsec-esp-ah-algorithms-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 15:51:46 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP Security Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Cryptographic Algorithm Implementation Requirements For ESP And AH
	Author(s)	: D. Eastlake 3rd
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ipsec-esp-ah-algorithms-01.txt
	Pages		: 10
	Date		: 2004-1-13
	
The IPSEC series of protocols makes use of various cryptographic
algorithms in order to provide security services. The Encapsulating
Security Payload (ESP) and the Authentication Header (AH) provide two
mechanisms for protecting data being sent over an IPSEC Security
Association (SA).  To ensure interoperability between disparate
implementations it is necessary to specify a set of mandatory to
implement algorithms to ensure at least one algorithm that all
implementations will have available. This document defines the
current set of mandatory to implement algorithms for ESP and AH as
well as specifying algorithms that should be implemented because they
may be promoted to mandatory at some future time.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipsec-esp-ah-algorithms-01.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ipsec-esp-ah-algorithms-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipsec-esp-ah-algorithms-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.