Subject: Fw: I-D Submission: Internet Telephony Gateway Location Prorocol

From: "Chien-Hsiu Chiu" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 1998 01:42:05 -0500

The attachment is our new draft discussing gateway location problem:

Internet Telephony Gateway Location Service Protocol
draft-ini-gwloc-00.txt

Hope that we could have some contributions to the IPTEL WG. Any comment or
feedback is appreciated.

---------------------------------------

Abstract

   The development of IP to PSTN gateways has made it possible for users
   of the two disparate networks to place "telephone" calls between the
   two networks with little effort.  Users placing calls from an IP
   network to the PSTN network must choose a gateway to act as a bridge
   between the two networks.  Selection of a gateway can be based on any
   number of criteria, such as price, codecs, version, billing, etc.  In
   this draft we propose a gateway location service for this purpose.
   The gateway location service protocol is an instantiation of the
   Service Location Protocol that has been modified to run in a wide
   area network across many administrative domains.

----------------------------------------

C. Agapi
C. Chiu
T. Chong
H. Phillips
B. Willingham
Information Networking Institute, CMU