Subject: protocol name

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 04:15:13 -0400

Folks,

Hearing no more comments on the name for our protocol, it seems TRIP
(Telephony Routing over IP Protocol) is the winner (I added Protocol at
the end since the acronym previously didn't convey that TRIP was a
protocol).

I will rework the framework draft (the wonders of search and replace)
and resubmit for informational.

-Jonathan R.
-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg                       Lucent Technologies
Member of Technical Staff                   101 Crawfords Corner Rd.
High Speed Networks Research                Holmdel, NJ 07733
FAX: (732) 834-5379                         Rm. 4C-526
EMAIL: [email-masked]
URL: http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~jdrosen

---------
This message came from the IETF IPTEL Working Group Mailing List.

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 01:00:47 -0400

sohail munir wrote:
> should'nt it be just Telephony Routing over IP

The problem is that Telephony Routing over IP doesn't indicate at all
that its
a protocol for doing this... but, I guess there are other protocols like
this
(RADIUS), so I'll drop the Protocol at the end (I got some private
emails about 
this also, so it seems there is some consensus).

-Jonathan R.

---------

---

From: sohail munir <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 19:21:10 -0400 (EDT)

> and resubmit for informational.
Sohail Munir

---------