Subject: capacity and cost attributes in GLP

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 1999 12:55:24 -0400

Folks,

It has been suggested that we remove the cost and capacity attributes
from "baseline" GLP, and instead place the attribute definitions in a
separate draft. As they are optional attributes anyway, this poses no
compatibility problems. These two appear to be the most contentious, and
its not yet clear on their format or utility. Thus, I think its a good
idea to separate them out. It will help us speed up GLP development
also. These two attributes would then each become separate proposed
rfcs.

Anyone object to this?

-Jonathan R.

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg                       Lucent Technologies
Member of Technical Staff                   101 Crawfords Corner Rd.
High Speed Networks Research                Holmdel, NJ 07733
FAX: (732) 834-5379                         Rm. 4C-526
EMAIL: [email-masked]
URL: http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~jdrosen

---------
This message came from the IETF IPTEL Working Group Mailing List.

---

From: "David Oran" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 1999 11:04:52 -0400

I agree. The utility of GLP does not depend on getting these right on day 1
and they seem to bring out the crazies everytime we discuss them.

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked]
> [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of Jonathan
> Rosenberg
> Sent: Friday, September 03, 1999 12:55 PM
> To: iptel, list; Paxson, Vern; Bradner, Scott
> Subject: capacity and cost attributes in GLP
>
>
> Folks,
>

---------