Subject: [IPTEL] Agenda requests

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2001 20:33:08 -0500

Folks,

The deadline for posting the agendas for IETF 50 is approaching. If you want
a slot at the iptel meeting, and haven't yet told me, please do so.

I'll be sending out a proposed agenda shortly.

Also, an update on CPL. CPL is currently blocked within IESG pending the
resolution of an issue with our use of iCalendar. The IESG is concerned that
the use of a subset will hurt interoperability. Specifically, a calendaring
tool that is fully compliant to rfc2445 will not be able to push its
recurrence rules for a meeting into a CPL. Doing this was a key reason we
chose iCalendar to begin with.

So, to resolve this, a few of us have started discussions on the calsch list
regarding our concerns with a complete implementation (the largest one being
the O(1) compute time requirement). Many calsch members were very
sympathetic to our concerns and issues, and list discussion was good. There
will be further discussion on the subject during the calsch meeting at IETF
50. So, if you would like to give some input on this subject, please come to
the calsch meeting. I don't think we will be discussing this during iptel,
but I'll advise if that changes.

Also, I suspect we will not need our full 2.5 hour slot. So, I have informed
the secretariat that it would be OK to move us to a one hour slot. If this
happens, I will advise the list immediately, as this will likely result in a
change in the day/time of the group meeting.

Thanks,
Jonathan R.

---
Jonathan D. Rosenberg                       72 Eagle Rock Ave.
Chief Scientist                             First Floor
dynamicsoft                                 East Hanover, NJ 07936
[email-masked]                     FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~jdrosen         PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com

_______________________________________________
IPTEL mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.bell-labs.com/mailman/listinfo/iptel