Subject: [IPTEL] a doubt on TRIP

From: "Nitin Kumar" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 19:41:16 -0800

Hello,

My name is Nitin Mahajan and the reason I am writting to you is because I had
just read the draft on TRIP i.e draft-ietf-iptel-trip-09.txt.

I had some doubts which if you could please clarify (jonathan rosenberg has
referred me to you).

For decision process architecture the draft says of rules to be followed for
tie breaks. Now, I could see in Sec 10.2.2.1 the 3 rules to be used for tie
break (for internal as well as external ) but, the draft  mentions the 2 rules
to be used for tie breaks (for external peers) again in Sec 10.3.1.1.

Though the rules in the later section boil down to be same, but why are they
given again , am I missing something ?

Also, isn't the 2nd point in the later Section 10.3.1.1 mentions the use of
TRIP Identifier for tie break , shouldn't it be ITAD number ? As otherwise don't
we leave an another chance of tie ?

Please correct me if I am going wrong somwhere ( this is my first time reading
such draft).

Thanks in Advance,

Nitin
______________________________________________________
Get Your FREE FlashMail Address now at http://www.flashmail.com
It's Free, Easy, & Fun !!!

_______________________________________________
IPTEL mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.bell-labs.com/mailman/listinfo/iptel