Subject: [Iptel] New I-D on usage of phone numbers in SIP [DO NOT REPLY!]

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 17:43:01 -0400

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS POST.

My apologies for the cross post. I have submitted the following I-D:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-rosenberg-rai-phone-names-numbers-00.txt

I gave it a -rai moniker since it touches on issues central to at least 
four working groups. If you are interested in discussion this document, 
please let us do so only on [email-masked].

The document proposes a framework and architecture for the usage of 
phone numbers with SIP. It tries to answer questions like the difference 
between a tel URI and SIP URI with user=phone, when to use each, what 
the meaning of concepts like LNP and freephone are in a pure-SIP world, 
the architectural role of ENUM, and impacts on PSTN interoperability, 
and so on.

Thanks,
Jonathan R.
-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                   600 Lanidex Plaza
Cisco Fellow                                   Parsippany, NJ 07054-2711
Cisco Systems
[email-masked]                              FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                         PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.cisco.com

_______________________________________________
Iptel mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/iptel