Subject: [Iptel] tel uri query

From: "Vikas Gupta" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 13:47:12 +0100

Hi,
   I am currently implementing the support of <tel:> URI in our existing
user agent as per rfc 3966.I have some doubts regarding the same.Any inputs
will be highly appreciated.

1)Is it possible to have tel: URI as request URI in methods other than
INVITE and REGISTER i.e in OPTION,PRACK,ACK,CANCEL,BYE, Notify,Subscribe and
REFER methods ?

2)From RFC 3396 and 3261 ,I concluded that tel: URI can be present in INVITE
and REGISTER request in following headers.
For INVITE
tel: uri can be present in "request URI" , "From header", "TO header".

>From Register
tel: URI can be present in "Contact header".

for privacy it can also be present in p-preferred and p-asserted header.

besides this ,is it possible to have <tel:> uri in any other
header(e.gRoute, record-route ,Via )?

Regards,
Vikas
_______________________________________________
Iptel mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/iptel