Subject: [ipv6-dir] Getting Together in Seoul

From: Margaret Wasserman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 17:53:58 -0500

Hi All,

There had been some discussion, at least between the ADs, about 
having this group get together in Seoul, maybe for dinner?

Would folks like to do that?  If so, when?

I am currently free for dinner on Wednesday and Thursday and lunch on Thursday.

Margaret

_______________________________________________
ipv6-dir mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6-dir

---

From: Erik Nordmark <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 22:56:30 -0800 (PST)

> having this group get together in Seoul, maybe for dinner?

What would be on the agenda?

> I am currently free for dinner on Wednesday and Thursday and lunch on

Either one would work for me.

  Erik

---

From: Bob Hinden <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 15:49:59 -0800

Margaret,

>I am currently free for dinner on Wednesday and Thursday and lunch on 

Currently, I could do any of these times, but prefer the Thursday lunch.

Thanks,
Bob

---

From: Brian Haberman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 20:08:29 -0500

Like Bob, I am free at any of the those times (for now).  Thursday
lunch would be fine with me.

Brian

---

From: Rob Austein <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 21:39:13 -0500

at the moment i appear to available for all of those times.  somewhat
prefer dinner because it's usually easier to get a quiet room for a
dinner meeting than for a lunch meeting (hearing problem).

---

From: Allison Mankin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 04:40:26 -0800

Hi, Margaret and all,

I'd like to do this.  My schedule's been filling up
some, so the Thursday lunch is the only opening now.

Allison

---

From: Kurt Erik Lindqvist <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 15:58:10 +0100

Anyone goes for me. Brian C is currently on vacation and also won't be 
coming to Seoul.

- - kurtis -

---

From: Thomas Narten <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 16:01:48 -0500

> What would be on the agenda?

Perhaps discuss/brainstorm on issues we think maybe receiving
insufficient attention and/or aren't really being addressed
sufficiently as they fall somewhere outside of an obvious WG?

Another topic that might be worth discussing is the status of IPv6
multihoming efforts, and what we expect will happen in Seoul (or hope
will happen) then. I.e., looking at the multi6 agenda (see below), it
looks like quite a lot of short presentations on new IDs. Is there any
particular action item for the WG other than just hear the
presentations? What will be the next steps? What is the current
thinking of the winnowing process?

Oh, what is Geoff going to cover in his architectural analysis? Is
there a corresponding draft?

What I'm wondering is whether (and how) this group can perhaps help
the WG, either during the WG meeting itself or in followup.

Note that another related issue is that there are concerns from
various places about how we're letting a HIP WG go forward when they
have at least some overlap with the topics here (I know I'm
simplifying this, but a not entirely inconsequential set of folk seem
to have this concern).

> Either one would work for me.

I think we sort of settled on Thursday lunch, but this is towards the
end of the week. If we could meet earlier, we have more likelyhood of
being able to followup on any of our discussions during the week.

Would folk be up for a Sunday evening meeting, say at 9PM? (I gather
Sunday dinner is already taken for many.)

Thoughts?

Thomas

Current agenda for the multi6 WG in Seoul.

WEDNESDAY, March 3, 2004
0900-1130 Morning Sessions
===========================

1. Agenda bashing, 5 mins, Chairs
2. Charter review, 15 mins, Chairs
3. Short intros to NEW drafts  80 min
    draft-ohta-multi6-threats-00.txt, Masataka Ohta
    draft-ohta-multi6-8plus8-00.txt , Masataka Ohta
    draft-ohira-multi6-multilink-auto-prefix-assign-00.txt
    draft-arifumi-multi6-tlc-fm-00.txt, Arifumi Matsumoto
    draft-ylitalo-multi6-wimp-00.txt, Jukka Ylitalo
    draft-nikander-multi6-hip-00.txt, Pekka Nikander
    draft-coene-multi6-sctp-00.txt, Lode Coene
    draft-crocker-celp-00.txt, Dave Crocker

4. draft-lear-multi6-things-to-think-about-00.txt, 30 mins, Eliot Lear
5. Architectural analysis, Geoff Huston, 20 mins.
6. Other issues, 5 mins

If I have forgotten you or you want to add a presentation. Email me.

- - kurtis -

---

From: Bob Hinden <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 13:41:30 -0800

Thomas,

I agree it would be good to discuss these topics early in the week.

>Sunday dinner is already taken for many.)

I am available for dinner on Sunday or could do a 9pm meeting (but am not 
sure how awake I will be).

Bob

---

From: Brian Haberman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 19:31:55 -0500

I too am free on Sunday at either of those times.

Brian

Bob Hinden wrote:

> I am available for dinner on Sunday or could do a 9pm meeting (but am 
> not sure how awake I will be).
> 
> Bob
> 
>

---

From: Margaret Wasserman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 22:04:30 -0500

Hi Thomas,

>Sunday dinner is already taken for many.)

I could meet after the gen-dir dinner on Sunday.  However, if past 
experience is any indicator, it is almost impossible for the whole 
gen-dir to get out of the social promptly at 1900 and Harald usually 
takes us out of the hotel to eat.  I strongly prefer not to 
walk/travel in unfamiliar cities alone at night, so I won't feel 
comfortable coming back until others do.  That means I may not be 
back at the hotel until 2130 or 2200.  I could meet then if others 
can, but that will make for an awfully late start to a long week.

Monday dinner is currently free for me, but I think that it isn't for you?

I could meet on Monday after the sessions (at 2200).

I'm also free on Monday from 1300-1500, but Thomas (and probably some 
others) has MIP6 then.

How about Sunday before the social at 1500-1700?  I'd have to skip 
the IESG newbie training, but I've managed this long without it, so I 
can probably muddle through...

Those are the only free times that I have before Thursday lunch.

Margaret

---

From: Rob Austein <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 22:53:46 -0500

i have to be at the icann rssac meeting 16:00-17:30 kst sunday.

---

From: Pekka Savola <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 08:12:57 +0200 (EET)

Hi,

I guess we'll have to figure out whether we want to discuss issues 
prior or after the fact :).  That is, whether to discuss issues which 
might be brought up in the meeting, or could be useful to get settled 
in the meeting -- or look back at the meeting and consider what items 
are STILL unfinished, not even started yet, etc.etc.

FWIW, I'll be arriving in Seoul on Sunday, and should be in the hotel 
around 2pm.  Anything after that would probably be fine, subjective to 
being awake or not :).  Monday sessions are all booked for me, but 
lunch/dinner is free, AFAIR.

-- 
Pekka Savola                 "You each name yourselves king, yet the
Netcore Oy                    kingdom bleeds."
Systems. Networks. Security. -- George R.R. Martin: A Clash of Kings

---

From: Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2004 09:40:38 +0200

So what's the final decision on the meeting?

I can do Sunday any time after 20:00, but not before that. Monday
lunch, dinner, and 22:00 are also possible.

--Jari

---

From: Rob Austein <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2004 16:52:27 +0900

at least two ipv6-dir folks (margaret and bob) are stuck in seattle
due to a mechanical failure and won't arrive until sunday night.

while i suppose it's possible that they're so gung-ho that they'll
want to leap straight from their taxis into an ipv6-dir meeting, i
kinda doubt it, so i suspect we're looking at monday.

---

From: Margaret Wasserman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2004 02:58:38 -0500

Hi Jari,

I'm not sure what the plans are...  My flight to Seoul made it about 
1/2 way across the Pacific before it developed mechanical problems 
and was diverted to Seattle.  So, I won't be arriving in Seoul until 
late Sunday afternoon.  Bob and Allison were on the same plane, so 
they are in the same situation.

I believe that Thomas is already in Seoul, and I hope that he will 
soon be reading mail and can resolve whether there is any time when 
we can meet ealier in the week.

Personally, I think I'd prefer to meet for lunch on Thursday as 
planned, so that we can review what happened during the week and talk 
about what needs to happen before San Diego.  I also think that it 
would be good to get a chance to talk about the charter of this 
group, etc.

That doesn't necessarily mean that we can meet earlier in the week, 
but schedules do seem to be fairly tight at this point (and mine just 
got tighter).

Margaret

---

From: Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2004 10:16:36 +0200

Margaret Wasserman wrote:

> I'm not sure what the plans are...  My flight to Seoul made it about 1/2 
> way across the Pacific before it developed mechanical problems and was 
> diverted to Seattle. 

Sounds like a scary experience!

> Personally, I think I'd prefer to meet for lunch on Thursday as planned, 
> so that we can review what happened during the week and talk about what 
> needs to happen before San Diego.  I also think that it would be good to 
> get a chance to talk about the charter of this group, etc.
> 
> That doesn't necessarily mean that we can meet earlier in the week, but 
> schedules do seem to be fairly tight at this point (and mine just got 
> tighter).

I agree that we should keep the Thursday lunch. We can optionally have
another earlier meeting as well for those that can make it, but the
chances are that we'll have more time to think about IPv6 directorate
issues later in the week.

--Jari