Subject: [ipv6-dir] Update to CIDR Document

From: "Margaret Wasserman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 12:34:37 -0800

Hi All,

There is an update to the CIDR document on this week's IESG telechat for
approval as a Proposed Standard:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-grow-rfc1519bis-04.txt

If you have any comments or see any blocking issues with this draft,
please let me know by the end of the day on Wednesday, 2/15.

Thanks,
Margaret

_______________________________________________
ipv6-dir mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6-dir

---

From: Kurt Erik Lindqvist <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 22:20:16 +0100

> please let me know by the end of the day on Wednesday, 2/15.

First, a purely cosmetic comment is that they mix between "longest- 
match routing" and "longest-prefix-match routing". I would prefer the  
latter....

Second, this document seems to have a personality split between  
explaining CIDR and the history behind it, and explaining impact on  
routing on IPv4. I would say that either this is an update to the  
document and then it should make the observation that the everything  
(except the history) also applies for IPv6 (but with different prefix  
sizes). Or it should stop at the history part and be an Informational  
document.

OTOH I can't say I feel that strongly about this and this document  
have seen enough time already....

- kurtis -