Subject: RE: Node Req: Issue23: DNS issues

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 21:19:46 +0300

Thomas,

> My point on this issue is that this section doesn't really provide
> much useful information, or provide any useful guidance to an
> implementor.
> 
> This document surely isn't going to recommend that nodes need to
> support DNS servers. At best, this is a MAY. So, not much needs to be
> said about server stuff.
> 
> But what is of interest to generic nodes is what resolver
> functionality they should implement.  I would expect this document to
> recommend something like "nodes SHOULD implement DNS IPv6 resolver
> functionality" and then provide some pointers to the IPv6 specific
> parts (e.g., supporting queries for AAAA records).  The current
> wording just doesn't seem to say anything to me.

I will look at reving the text, but some suggestions would be helpful.
What RFCs quality for IPv6 Resolver functionality.  

thanks,
John

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
[email-masked]
Administrative Requests: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
--------------------------------------------------------------------