Subject: Re: [rfc2462bis issue 275] DAD text inconsistencies

From: Suresh Krishnan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 20:28:18 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 26 Feb 2004, JINMEI Tatuya / [ISO-2022-JP] 神明達哉 wrote:
>If yes, is the requirement of "DAD **MUST** take place" acceptable?  I
>believe this is acceptable in essence, but I'd like to know this does
>not cause a severe compatibility issue with existing implementations
>that conform to RFC2462.

The stock linux IP stack does the DAD for all the addresses autoconfigured
from an advertised prefix and so it will not be affected. I know this for 
kernel 2.4.x and 2.6.3

Regards
Suresh

This communication is confidential and intended solely for the addressee(s). Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you believe this message has been sent to you in error, please notify the sender by replying to this transmission and delete the message without disclosing it. Thank you.

E-mail including attachments is susceptible to data corruption, interruption, unauthorized amendment, tampering and viruses, and we only send and receive e-mails on the basis that we are not liable for any such corruption, interception, amendment, tampering or viruses or any consequences thereof.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
[email-masked]
Administrative Requests: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
--------------------------------------------------------------------