Subject: reference from ipv6-scoping-arch to ipaddr-text-rep

From: JINMEI Tatuya / 神明達哉 <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2004 23:19:11 +0900

As I said in a separate message, I'm now revising
draft-ietf-ipv6-scoping-arch-00 in response to the wg last call
comments.  I remember one related comment, which is not an explicit
comment in the last call period though, that we may need to add a
reference to draft-main-ipaddr-text-rep-01.

I personally don't mind to include this one (and, in fact, I support
this document).  However, I'm not going to do it at the moment, since
the base address architecture document won't have a reference to the
ipaddr-text-rep draft (we discussed this in the ML before, but I've
not seen a clear consensus - at least the authors did not explicitly
agree to add the reference).

Since the scoping-arch doc primarily refers to the base address
architecture document, it would not make sense to refer to
ipaddr-text-rep just from scoping-arch.  If we can quickly agree upon
the reference issue for the base document, I'll reflect the change for
the next revision of ipv6-scoping-arch accordingly.  In any event,
I don't think this reference issue can be a show-stopper to advance
the scoping-arch document.

					JINMEI, Tatuya
					Communication Platform Lab.
					Corporate R&D Center, Toshiba Corp.
					[email-masked]

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
[email-masked]
Administrative Requests: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
--------------------------------------------------------------------