Subject: draft-itojun-ipv6-getnameinfo-multiproto-01.txt comments

From: Pekka Savola <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 07:40:17 +0200 (EET)

Seems simple enough to me -- no problem from my part.  I personally can't
see the need for non-Internet service name lookups, but I wasn't sure what
you were referring to in any case.  So I guess that should be either
removed, or expanded to describe the specific scenario better.

more or less editorial issues
-----------------------------

==> I'd add IPR boilerplates, copyright sections etc. at the end.

              Multiple protocol support in getnameinfo API

==> s/protocol support/Protocol Support/
(similar elsewhere)

Abstract

IPv6 basic API [Gilligan, 2003] defines protocol-independent API for
address-to-string conversion, i.e. getnameinfo(3).  Current

==> no references in the abstract.
==> I'd probably use "getnameinfo()" rather than "getnameinfo(3)"

HAGINO                   Expires: August 5, 2004                [Page 1]
L
DRAFT                   multiprotocol getnameinfo          February 2004

==> "multiprotocol getnameinfo" should probably be reworded to be a bit
fancier :)

does not hold due to multiple reasons, such as (1) there are other
transport protocols coming up like SCTP and DCCP and SOCK_xx and

==> remove "coming up" -- aren't they already there...

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
[email-masked]
Administrative Requests: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
--------------------------------------------------------------------