Subject: [rfc2462bis] normative reference to 2461bis

From: JINMEI Tatuya / 神明達哉<[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 17:49:57 +0900

Hello,

In your IESG comments on draft-ietf-ipv6-rfc2462bis-07.txt, you said:

>  There is a lot of normative dependency on the recycling DS of
>  Neighbory Discovery which not even in the tracker yet, so are
>  there some instabilities?

The normative dependency on the recycling DS (2461bis) is
intentional.  As far as I understand, the goal is to update both
RFC2461 and RFC2462 simultaneously with consistent changes.  So, if
one document is behind the other in standardization status, there is
no other choice than waiting for the former.

I don't know when that will happen, though.  Perhaps we need
simultaneous approval from the IESG for both documents; perhaps we can
get approval separately and just need to be synchronized at the final
publication procedure...  I slightly recall Margaret saied she would
took care of the timing issue.

In any event, I don't think this "discuss" comment does not require a
change in the document, and I'm planning just to close this issue
soon.  If I miss something (particularly if you want a document change
on this matter), please let me know.

Thanks,

					JINMEI, Tatuya
					Communication Platform Lab.
					Corporate R&D Center, Toshiba Corp.
					[email-masked]

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
[email-masked]
Administrative Requests: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
--------------------------------------------------------------------