Subject: redistributing isis v6 routes into BGP

From: "Vijayanand C - CTD, Chennai." <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 19:53:31 +0530

Hello all,
I have a question regarding redistribution of IPv6 ISIS routes into BGP.

The v6 routes of ISIS have link local next hops.  So, when these are
redistributed into I-BGP( without route maps having next hop set clause),
what should be the value of global next hop v6 address to be sent in the
update message. Would it be the global address of the interface
corresponding to the link local next hop or the global address of the
interface over which the IBGP peering is established or something else.

Thanks in advance,
Regards,
Vijay

DISCLAIMER 
This message and any attachment(s) contained here are information that is
confidential, proprietary to HCL Technologies 
and its customers. Contents may be privileged or otherwise protected by law.
The information is solely intended for the 
individual or the entity it is addressed to. If you are not the intended
recipient of this message, you are not authorized to 
read, forward, print, retain, copy or disseminate this message or any part
of it. If you have received this e-mail in error, 
please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete it from
your computer.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
[email-masked]
Administrative Requests: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: "Harisreeprasad Gowda" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 14:15:50 -0400

I think it should be the global address of the interface over which the IBGP
peering is established.

-Hari.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of
Vijayanand C - CTD, Chennai.
Sent: Thursday, April 21, 2005 10:24 AM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: [Idr] redistributing isis v6 routes into BGP

Hello all,

Thanks in advance,
Regards,
Vijay

DISCLAIMER

_______________________________________________
Idr mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/idr

---

From: Joe Abley <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 17:45:18 -0400

> I think it should be the global address of the interface over which  

IBGP sessions are usually plumbed between loopback interfaces, not  
physical interfaces. So, most of the time, your suggestion and  
Brian's suggestion are the same.

(Although your suggestion prompts the question "which, of the many  
addresses on that interface, in general?")

Joe