Subject: Question on VRRP for IPv6

From: "Anand Parthasarathy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2005 09:21:33 -0800

Hi, 
 
I had posted this question on the VRRP working group but got no response.
So, I thought I will try it out here.
 
If the link-local IPv6 address of Router R1 (that is the primary owner) is
backed by R2 and R2 is the current master (assume that R1 is down), what
will happen if Router R1 comes up? The expected behaviour is that R1 should
become master as its priority is 255. But, its DAD will fail for the
link-local IPv6 address and so, it will be unable to become master (The
current master which has the lower priority has joined the Solicited Node
Multicast IPv6 Address and will respond to NS for this address). Could
someone comment on this? Is the only solution for this to disable DAD on
such interfaces? 
 
Thanks,
Anand.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
[email-masked]
Administrative Requests: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
--------------------------------------------------------------------