Subject: Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-laganier-ipv6-khi-00.txt

From: Julien Laganier <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2005 04:42:06 -0400

Hi,

We would appreciate very much feedback from members of the IPv6 WG on 
this internet draft.

Thanks in advance. Regards,

--julien

----------  Forwarded Message  ----------

Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-laganier-ipv6-khi-00.txt
Date: Saturday 03 September 2005 00:50
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
 directories.

	Title		: A Non-Routable IPv6 Prefix for Keyed Hash Identifiers (KHI)
	Author(s)	: P. Nikander, et al.
	Filename	: draft-laganier-ipv6-khi-00.txt
	Pages		: 9
	Date		: 2005-9-2

   This document introduces Keyed Hash Identifiers (KHI) as a new,
   experimental class of IPv6-address-lookalike identifiers.  They
 are constructed to be statistically globally unique.  They are
 intended to be used as identifiers only, and not as locators.  They
 should not appear in actual IPv6 headers.  Consequently, they are
 considered as non-routable addresses from the IPv6 point of view.

   These identifiers are expected to be used at the existing IPv6 API
   and application protocols between consenting hosts.  They may be
   defined and used in different contexts, suitable for different
   protocols.  Examples of these include Host Identity Tags (HIT) in
 the Host Identity Protocol (HIP) and Temporary Mobile Identifiers
 (TMI) for Mobile IPv6 Privacy Extension.

   This document requests IANA to allocate a temporary prefix out of
 the IPv6 addressing space for Keyed Hash Identifiers.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-laganier-ipv6-khi-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body
 of the message. You can also visit
 https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce to change your
 subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the
 username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After
 logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-laganier-ipv6-khi-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-laganier-ipv6-khi-00.txt".

NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

-------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
[email-masked]
Administrative Requests: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
--------------------------------------------------------------------